Reeflix's boring build.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just added a powerhead on the back, i can post some pics of where i put it if you want.
I’d love that.

Weirdly enough, I started getting 1 cyano patch in my tank. It‘s on a Goniopora colony that started receding a few weeks ago. I only see the cyano on 1 or 2 small places.

I can’t add any more flow to my high flow tank. I ordered some chemI clean, and I will use it if the cyano progresses further.

It’s so strange how pests can just spawn randomly.

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did you end up using dino x? I ask because I've read a lot of people complaining about cyano outbreaks after use.
I did not, and I thank myself for restraint, I can’t imagine how bad the cyano would have been otherwise

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is how I beat my cyano. So I added a powerhead on the back wall
IMG_1250.jpeg

(660 gallons an hour) and as you can see in the pics (with my amazing graphics) where the flow was before and after
IMG_1253.jpeg

Before I was only getting flow from the filter here and in black is where is was going on the bottom of the tank.
IMG_1254.jpeg

Powerhead is in bottom left corner, and that is where it is getting flow to now. Also the filter is stopping the flow slightly where the circle is. And here is what it looks like from the side.
IMG_1252.jpeg
flow along the back, then the current from the filter causing a spiral current

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, I guess I didn’t glue down the Ricordia good enough, fell off the rock. I guess I’ll take the opportunity to put it here then.
IMG_1262.jpeg

Zoas are only halfway open, but they are looking pretty! Not seeing any dead vermetid snails, but look at this! It better do it’s job!
IMG_1263.jpeg

Once I mixed the Ricordia I’ll have some better pics! Also I have developed a plan for the cyano that is left over!
IMG_1264.jpeg

Straw detail wand!
IMG_1265.jpeg

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops, I guess I didn’t glue down the Ricordia good enough, fell off the rock. I guess I’ll take the opportunity to put it here then.
IMG_1262.jpeg

Zoas are only halfway open, but they are looking pretty! Not seeing any dead vermetid snails, but look at this! It better do it’s job!
IMG_1263.jpeg

Once I mixed the Ricordia I’ll have some better pics! Also I have developed a plan for the cyano that is left over!
IMG_1264.jpeg

Straw detail wand!
IMG_1265.jpeg

This is how I would do it. Siphon right into a pile of towels and good to go!

:D

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 30.9%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 47 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 20.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 21.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back