OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reggie is on the tank now. Pardon the image quality and diatoms. Clean up crew still working.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406387547.161240.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406387602.241215.jpg

OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so now let's get the coral total figured out.

My frog spawn is 10 heads at fmv 15.00 a head, so, $150.00
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406387726.550789.jpg

The next is a nice acan echinata that I scored at a good price. Also in this pic, you will see a Duncan that I paid 10.00 for from a hobbyist but I did not get a receipt so I guess it's FMV for that as well?!?!? At $15.00 a head and 5 heads, that's $75.00.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406387965.401258.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406387978.147304.jpg

Total thus far = $246.99 (not cool as I only have a few corals in there...ahhhhh)

OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, qt time for my fish are over and I've about completed my fish wish list. I've really got to rethink this coral thing because FMV is KILLING me. I've got very little in there (coral wise) and I've about maxed out my budget.

Anyway, I've got my Frostbite Flurry Clowns in, along with my blue dot Jawfish and 2 bangi cardinals. If I'm allowed to remove coral, I may have to so that I can add a few pieces that I want. I don't want to get dq'd or have to drop out because of the budget.

The coral is mad because I cleaned the tank.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406670613.757472.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1406670613.757472.jpg

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank and aquascape. Thanks for posting shots of the full tank and stand. I'm eventually going to buy a 29G Biocube with stand and it is nice to see how your power supplies fit. Thanks and good luck on the contest!

OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A heater in chamber 1, a inTank media basket and up flow algae scrubber in chamber 2, stock return pump and in line UV sterilizer in chamber 3. I'm also running an Ecotech MP 10 for flow. Running stock power compact lights with three of the biocube led pucks that have 3 LEDs each. I will be adding 2 more (that's the slots left open), which will be a total of 15 LEDs.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, should of know that. Thanks. I forgot about the heater. I have purchased a Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heater that I plan on putting in the third chamber so I can see the temp lights. I have researched the Biocube a lot (and watched all of ReefThuz's videos) so it is nice to see the different ideas people have. Just need to buy the aquarium and stand as I have heater, wave maker, and water.

I know the 29G Biocube comes with two lunar LED strips but do you think it is worth adding more?

Last edited:
OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely, they provide more light than you think. Mine only came with one strip and I added 2 more. Will be adding the remaining two soon. I will probably go with one white and 4 blues.

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I thought the Biocube only came with one lunar as well but the the Drs. Foster and Smith website says the 14G comes with one and the 29G comes with two.

Thanks for the information!

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the frostbite clowns! I just got one to pair with my black Ice. Also love the blue spot jaw fish. I never have good luck with those though :(

OP
OP
reelsilly

reelsilly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the frostbite clowns! I just got one to pair with my black Ice. Also love the blue spot jaw fish. I never have good luck with those though :(

Thanks all. J Rog, this guy is devouring Larry's Reef Frenzy in a big way. Swims in the open a lot as well. I've got to be careful with him because he likes to jump when I feed.

J Rog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. J Rog, this guy is devouring Larry's Reef Frenzy in a big way. Swims in the open a lot as well. I've got to be careful with him because he likes to jump when I feed.

Awesome! I tried one a couple of months ago.. He was scared of the other fish in the tank and never came out of his hole for food. When I tried to squirt food with the turkey baster in or around the hole he would spit it out. I tried a couple different foods with no luck.. He was eating at the store when I got him though.. He lasted about a week..

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back