Regal Angelfish in Reef Tanks

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a few green hairy shrooms, no activity there either. I got them for free, so it wouldnt be that bad but he never even looks at them.
If i can get him to stop hiding... and come out at feeding times i think i can stop him from nipping at all...

OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Regal Angelfish has been with us for about 6 years now. She was a juvenile when we acquired her and a model citizen for the first 3 years. She will nip/eat some fleshy LPS and will devour z's and p's, so we moved those corals to a separate tank

DSC_1303_0814 by terryl93, on Flickr

DSC_6401 by terryl93, on Flickr
Great looking fish.i am jealous.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has done great with all except chalices but I mostly only have SPS

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Regal Angelfish has been with us for about 6 years now. She was a juvenile when we acquired her and a model citizen for the first 3 years. She will nip/eat some fleshy LPS and will devour z's and p's, so we moved those corals to a separate tank.

DSC_1303_0814 by terryl93, on Flickr

DSC_6401 by terryl93, on Flickr

What a beauty, love comparing the color differences between ours.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beauty, love comparing the color differences between ours.

I wonder if the bit of color difference has to do with the sex. We're pretty certain that ours is a female just by her demeanor and how she lets the Genicanthus male dominate her.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the bit of color difference has to do with the sex. We're pretty certain that ours is a female just by her demeanor and how she lets the Genicanthus male dominate her.

Hmmmm, could be. Either that or collection location, mines from Fiji I think.

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had mine for 1+ year with no issues except zoa. Mine ate sunny d's overnight. My system is mixed, sps with frogspawn and hammers, gsp, shrooms and xenia.

lefkonj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had mine for about 6 months now. Great fish but can nip at Zoas/Acans if not kept well fed.

Reef_Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank!!! What is that 'moss' looking coral on the left blowing in the breeze? Do you have a list of your corals?

Reef_Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've kept a Regal Angel in my reef tank for a couple years now and its gone very well. He samples SPS slime occassionally (as does my Potters and Majestic angels that have been in the tank for years) but it never seems to cause any harm to the coral. I have had some zoos fragged involuntarily but I believe that was the Majestic.

Here's a video so you can see the types of corals I keep with my angels and butterflyfish.

[video=vimeo;85590180]http://vimeo.com/85590180[/video]

Awesome looking tank!!! What is that 'moss' looking coral on the left blowing in the breeze? Do you have a list of your corals?

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jealous!
I had the priveledge of seeing and feeding this beautiful tank a few weeks ago which has many beautiful angels in it. Andrew said the Angels had nipped at some chalices but 3-4 feelings a day keeps them somewhat pacified. It was an amazing sight to witness for sure. (Please excuse the LRS plug but this collection of fish must be seen to be believed no matter what your food of choice is.)

Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;zqV0SeleWTA]http://youtu.be/zqV0SeleWTA[/video]

Reef_Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The green on on the left is green star polyps.

WOW! I have a small bunch of green star polyp in my tank and they look nothing like that. They are quite small, with short stalks. I can see the white centers in the middle of the polyps. Yours looks like a grass

Tek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the priveledge of seeing and feeding this beautiful tank a few weeks ago which has many beautiful angels in it. Andrew said the Angels had nipped at some chalices but 3-4 feelings a day keeps them somewhat pacified. It was an amazing sight to witness for sure. (Please excuse the LRS plug but this collection of fish must be seen to be believed no matter what your food of choice is.)

Enjoy.

[video=youtube_share;zqV0SeleWTA]http://youtu.be/zqV0SeleWTA[/video]

I just drooled a bit watching all those fish, I got a good vision of what my dream build will be next year.

clarionangel77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my regal angelfish for 6 years doing extremely well and unfortunately lost it in a tank crash while I was away. Amazing fish and can be very hardy if started off in the tank early to establish dominance and fed a varied diet.

Attachments

• angelfish 013.jpg
    angelfish 013.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 151
  • angelfish 015.jpg
    angelfish 015.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 148

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back