Renato's 60g cube

nitro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renato,
I love the tank and your pictures, what camera do you use?
Thanks, Nitro

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for taking care of my tank Renato. I'll come pick it up this weekend ;). Awesome tank. I'm about to start a 60 cube so I'll be using this as a blueprint. I do have a question. Can you explain the water flow from the tank to the refugium and sump. I'm not sure how it goes. If it's not too much to ask could you tell me the pumps you use too.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is your Refugium set up? I am thinking about running a Refugium on the side of my tank too, the 60 cube does not have enough room for a sump with a Refugium below. Problem is I want to be able to get a lot of pods growing but from everything I see I will have to go from my tank to Refugium to sump back to tank. And the skimmer will kill most of the pods
Thanks for taking care of my tank Renato. I'll come pick it up this weekend ;). Awesome tank. I'm about to start a 60 cube so I'll be using this as a blueprint. I do have a question. Can you explain the water flow from the tank to the refugium and sump. I'm not sure how it goes. If it's not too much to ask could you tell me the pumps you use too.

Very simple. A maxijet 1200 for the return pump, that stays in my sump under the tank located next to my skimmer. The maxijet is connected with a hose that goes to my fuge with a nozzle at the end. I didnt want it to do it with plumbing for the return. So the water from the fuge falls right back in to the sump next to my DT return pump that is MAG 9. All the pods that falls goes right to the DT. I use a foam to minimize micro bubbles going to the DT. The system works perfectly. Once a week when I do my WG I remove the foam to clean it.

aviationreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use a filter for you iphone 6?

And let me make sure i get your water path for the tank, It goes DT falls to sump pumps to refugium Falls back into the Sump pumped back into the DT?

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use a filter for you iphone 6?

And let me make sure i get your water path for the tank, It goes DT falls to sump pumps to refugium Falls back into the Sump pumped back into the DT?
Thats correct! I use an app called snapseed for the I phone. Excelent app... I tune the pictures as close as I can to what it looks like. Sometimes I can even tell the difference.

aviationreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats an interesting idea. That will probably be the best way for me to do it as well. Like i said my Refugium is pathetic under my tank. Also The idea of trying some different type of algae. Do you do a reverse cycle, light on fug when lights off on tank? This would be a bit of a problem because i have it in my bedroom

TreyC2010

But baby, the fish need it....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very simple. A maxijet 1200 for the return pump, that stays in my sump under the tank located next to my skimmer. The maxijet is connected with a hose that goes to my fuge with a nozzle at the end. I didnt want it to do it with plumbing for the return. So the water from the fuge falls right back in to the sump next to my DT return pump that is MAG 9. All the pods that falls goes right to the DT. I use a foam to minimize micro bubbles going to the DT. The system works perfectly. Once a week when I do my WG I remove the foam to clean it.
Thank you for that. It looks like it's doing its job well. So just to be clear, there's no pump from the refugium?

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful!

Hoopastank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's pics
I hope you guys like! Any questions just ask.
As you see I do like some Acans :)
Not a good Picture of the FTS...

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

What are you using to take the pictures of the tank and the coral? I use my iPhone but they dont come out very well? Your pictures look really good!
Thanks!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 18 34.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back