OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time ! So I went up to Chico this past week to visit some friends from high school that go to college up there, anyways to make a long story short I left the tank in my dads care and he did ok at best. I believe he was overdosing the whole time :( got home my alkalinity was 10.4 whereas I had always kept it @ 9.0 calcium was also off the charts at over 500+ same with magnesium maxed out on the Red Sea chart... So i went out and did a 15g water change bought some more supplements since they were mostly empty from that time period. Have started to readjust the dosing schedule and get everything back in order. Have experienced alk burn at the tips of Two or three of my mini colony's and only lost two pieces all together... Sadly my favorite one, the one that was doing so well coloring up super fast and encrusting with a vengeance,I tried so hard to frag and save from stn when I first got the piece and it was coming back to life but now it's gone and I am actually sad about it o_O now to play the waiting game and get everything back to normal ! ps. No more leaving the tank for extended periods of time ! :p

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://imgur.com/a/DJ2Ep
So today is a good day. I recieved a very large over 20+ head colony of wall hammer & large colony of Rastas aswell as a sweet piece of the neon GSP I have it isolated on the sand for now but j just love the way it moves in the flow , all from same friends dad who has the epic sps tank. well long story short he had an equally impressive colony of this wall hammer that had like 100 heads or more that he was trying to trim back. My Friend txt me in the morning and says " Daves got more fish stuff to throw away if you want it " little did I know it would be so much I'm still trying to find space for some of the wall hammer may have to just glue/epoxy it in place these are hard to mount at an angle cause they are so too heavy I'll figure it out though. For now here's a little updated FTS showing my hammer colony in a red circle :cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally was able to get a pair of brand new WP-25's off my local forum at a great price :D I loved the way these pumps could be angled, and the controllability is unbeatable !( Especially at 40$ a pump ) They blow everything out of the water.. Literally ! So I'll be replacing the make shift flow I but together to keep everything alive after the final one failed, I'm excited to see the return of the wave motion in the tank ! I know my sps are gonna love the flow upgrade & I know I'm gonna love the clean look of the rock work once these things store up those dead spots :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep it's official I'm sold on the wp-25 such great pumps for the price and to last the past 3 years pushing on a wave mode that's well worth 40$ in my opinion. :D I'm already noticing more PE on corals and even PE on one of my loripes that never had it before !

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good progress so far! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one grows up! Any new updates?

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good progress so far! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one grows up! Any new updates?

Thank you! Appreciate it. Nothing too major I have been battling with my acros since I got back, had some alk burned tips that haven't grown back yet. other than that I did add an amazing copper band the other day, he's been destroying food and piking rocks all day so I'm happy will have to get a pic soon :p

Even with the mishaps, the tank is looking great. Great job!

It's been interesting to say the least I think I've got this whole concept down now my acros are growing and still coloring up. I'm excited myself to see where I can bring this tank it's still got a lot of time in its life that's for sure !

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg

Thank you :p curve is sitting at around 9" water depth maybe a little more. Setting is dead middle lined up with the " MAX " lettering between the numbers runs great at this setting ! As for the copperband it's doing great and I finally managed to get a decent picture of it which will be posted up top ;)

OP
OP
Newb_reefer1

Newb_reefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry for such a late response but yes here you are ! The opening of the skimmer is facing the " max " between both sides of numbers. I also added an awesome little long nose hawkfish & green mandarin dragonet into the system last week ! They are doing great and I'm enjoying the movement and color from both, however my Christmas wrasse is being a jerk to the hawkfish so he might find himself in a new tank very soon as I've wanted the hawk for a while now and I found one like an inch and a half long perfect little size lol !

image.jpeg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 106 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.6%
Back