Rimless Cubes - Do they no longer exist?

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about getting back in the hobby, and would really like to go with a rimless cube tank. Considered going with an AIO - but would almost rather go with a drilled or HOB setup since most of these allinones are $500++ and still need upgrades.

but I'm having 0 luck finding a nice rimless cube with clear silicone. 25-60 gallons, under $300~.

does nothing like this exist? I know deepblue went under, but can't find a sea pro either. The only tank I've seen is the Aqueon rimless,and I just don't want something that crappy.

any tips? Links?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to approach a custom maker with the specifications you want if you can't find the exact tank you're looking for. It's not too expensive, at least not here in the UK! :)

Just had a 4 foot sump made as per my specifications for £220 couple of months ago.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That price point doesn't exist anymore for a rimless tank (outside of aqueon). I've been pricing for a replacement 50g and/or 60g cubes as of late (Past few weeks) and you start at approx +- 400$ for a rimmed 60 cube and that's before the overflow & drilling.

OP
OP
kput

kput

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually ended up with a pretty stellar on an Aqua Japan 28 - not quite a cube, but close enough. Stand, tank, and sump for under 600 bucks, can't complain!

It does have black slilicone which I wanted to go away from, but it's sapphire glass so I can live with it lol

E.R.A.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox and Fiji both have cubes that size. I am currently looking at building a mid size cube right now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back