OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see what all the hoopla is about. ;)

image.jpg

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My baby jawbreaker decided to disappear on me. I got lucky and caught a glimmer of gold in the corner of the frag tank after a few days. I was able to snatch it up with the turkey baster. This is my homemade jawbreaker jail. Lol

image.jpg

50 shrooms in the tank and the only one that decides to take laps around the tank is the expensive one! I put a large frag disk in the bottom and filled in the rest with sand. Hopefully it attaches soon.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First run with the Aquacraft salt. I've never used a salt that mixes this fast. The water is clear almost instantly. Took this pic right after adding 9 cups of salt to the barrel.
image.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in seeing how the salt does for you. The toadstool looks great! How do you like the LRS foods?

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Which salt from them did you go with?

The BioSea. The test batch I used had perfect numbers for my tank.

I'm interested in seeing how the salt does for you. The toadstool looks great! How do you like the LRS foods?

I REALLY like the LRS foods so far. Doesn't have the oils and stuff that come off other frozen foods. The fish gobble it up and I can see my LPS catching and eating some of it.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why aquacraft salt? Never heard of it before. I did check out the website though because of your thread

I got a small bag back when they were a sponsor here. The numbers tested so good I wanted to give it a shot. The shipping was killer on it back then but they have free shipping now. I've been a RC user for about 6 years and it's been good to me. I was reading some of Randy's posts about RC adding vitamins and metal chelators so I wanted to try another salt for a while. Aquacrafts numbers were exactly what I like to keep my tank parameters, 450 cal, 8dkh, 1450 mag.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the aqua craft salt. Glad you found your jawbreaker too. Mine did the same think a few weeks back, thought it melted until I saw some color behind some of the Rocks. It actually left a baby behind so that was an added bonus.

BreaknBrad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll only buy LRS now... I've been using the Herbivore Frenzy mainly for my Potter's Angel & Yellow Belly Regal Blue Tang. The Regal will slap the tank glass whenever I walk in the room now. Also, My fish have never been more plump and have much brighter coloration.

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First night I used the LRS fish frenzy I noticed my ORA blue milli chowing on a blackworm! I never see my sps eat anything but this one had a grip on that black worm. The lights went out before I could see if it got it all down or spit it back out but it was interesting to see.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll only buy LRS now... I've been using the Herbivore Frenzy mainly for my Potter's Angel & Yellow Belly Regal Blue Tang. The Regal will slap the tank glass whenever I walk in the room now. Also, My fish have never been more plump and have much brighter coloration.

Thanks for the feedback! You wouldn't believe the amount of photos and videos I get sent where folks echo your observations about increased coloration. This video was sent to me to show what 6 months of feeding LRS did for these beautiful fish.

Thanks to the OP too!

OP
OP
ritter6788

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He got me tonight! I'll get him tomorrow. Lol

That's a wad of Nori in his mouth! He got it before I could get it in the trap good.

image.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a HUGE fan of LRS Reef Frenzy! It's all I use in my tank.

Where do you order Aquacraft salt? Also, how does the price compare to RC? I'm an RC user currently, but if the prices aren't too far apart, I might give Aquacraft a shot.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back