SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 12, Members: 10, Guests: 2)

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I got sucked into lab work all day… what did I miss? Anything crazy happening?

I ended up with 20 corals on this order… I only have 23 corals in my whole tank currently lol
Oh just a little
Going Crazy GIF

6t4nova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've lost some hammers which I'm fairly sure is due to a peppermint shrimp. I can't catch him though. He is too small and shy to come up when I'm feeding frozen and I don't think flakes or small TDO pellets are being found by him, so he is munching hammers...
Try making a bottle trap for it. That's how I caught mine that was eating my hammer

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
No, but I gotta rethink my 10g. I was dumb and lost the three fish in it. It was really a backup tank and for whatever reason I was getting some cyano in it after over a year of it being perfectly fine. I dosed chemiclean and didn't add an air stone, it gets tons of surface air and bubbles naturally. Suffice to say, it still removed enough oxygen to kill the fish in one day... I dosed it at 11pm, next morning for work they were fine (it's in my office next to my computer), then looked over at 12 and they were gasping. I threw one in the other tank, but it didn't make it.

Zoa's in there are fine, some other things got moved to the other tank, some just got nuked. Mostly random mushrooms.

What I don't understand is the order or things. The gorgonian (not the NPS one which is fine) just absolutely melted and I think it poisoned the tank. The other interesting observation is that there were a TON of bristleworms which croaked too, more than I ever knew were in there. I think that added to the bioload in a way I never knew and then the die off was a chain reaction. I'm not sure if I want to restart the 10g, it was really for extra zoa's from the main tank and shrooms.

Some shrooms I don't have backups of... Zoa's I do.
Sounds like a true nightmare.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sounds like a true nightmare.
Nothing in there I couldn't part with, but bummed since the yellow watchman goby had been with me since the beginning. She got moved over to that tank when she was getting harassed by the starry blenny.

Also had a cool couple cool shrooms from Woody in there. We will see if they make it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back