SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 8, Members: 4, Guests: 4)

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR is pretty easy to adjust too. It doesn't affect alkalinity quickly. So if I see a slow decline over a week or two I'll up the dose by 5ml a day. I've also done the reverse if for some reason consumption declines.

Calcium seems to hold steady at 450-460.
Yeah. Overall, I’ve been happy with it. I think my corals have been as well.

banik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that dose their tanks - have you tried AFR and if so, does it work well for you?

Thinking of setting up a dosing station with AFR
I'm using AFR, it's the only doser I use and it's just on a smart plug.

8.4ml/daily. Keeps me at 8.55dkh, 1530mg, 400Ca. Last ICP I was low on iodine, so have been adding a bit to my ATO water. I just sent a new ICP in today. I am a bit concerned about consumption not being in balance with what it provides, but time will tell.

If you do use it, the powder is economical but a pain to mix up. I actually ended up using a stir plate I had from homebrewing, which makes it way easier to mix up.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use AFR on my 20-gallon. Once dialed in, it keeps alk and calcium consistent. At least in my tank. If you use it and make adjustments, test your alk and calcium a week later to see any difference. I’ve been thinking of adding kalk through another doser to increase pH slightly. Once summer gets here, the windows won’t be open as much.
Same situation.

I use AFR, I dose 26ml daily to my 32 gallon with a Kamoer Pro on 24 doses (every hour). Been comtemplating Kalk forever, have the stuff, never bothered since AFR is so easy. Only adjustment I have is I add some mag mid week and when I mix my salt for weekly water changes I add extra mag to that as well.

Tony Page

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
!! First Round of the game !!
1.jpeg

Participant with the first & correct answer will win this round.

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

8.4ml/daily. Keeps me at 8.55dkh, 1530mg, 400Ca. Last ICP I was low on iodine, so have been adding a bit to my ATO water. I just sent a new ICP in today. I am a bit concerned about consumption not being in balance with what it provides, but time will tell.

If you do use it, the powder is economical but a pain to mix up. I actually ended up using a stir plate I had from homebrewing, which makes it way easier to mix up.
I don’t think there is an easy way to supplement iodine in our tanks. Mine is low on icp tests as well. I use the same method that Shane uses and test about once a month and adjust according to my results. I’m just worried about overdosing so I don’t tinker with it as much.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0

Do you know which mix you were using? Pre-increase of iodine formula? I recently bought two jars, one new one old. Seems like there's a lot of old stock out there still.(Petco is new BRS wasl old, but I was in a pinch and had coupons.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Same thing as far as low iodine. I combat that with FWS and dosing Aquavitro fuel sometimes.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think there is an easy way to supplement iodine in our tanks. Mine is low on icp tests as well. I use the same method that Shane uses and test about once a month and adjust according to my results. I’m just worried about overdosing so I don’t tinker with it as much.
Lol I think I'm still around 80 lol should test this weekend

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

RichWise73

Hi, I'm Rish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tony Page

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First round is finished,

Correct answer is "British Pound"

Winner of first round @Thuan with points 10

Next round of this game is coming within 5 minutes.

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still haven't figured it out but sat is the day. 80 of iodine from icp. I think i had bad timing lop

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 24 14.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 100 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back