SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 26, Members: 11, Guests: 15)

Tony Page

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fourth round is finished,

Correct answer is "B"

Winner of fourth round @TannerWhatever with points 10

Next round of this game is coming within 5 minutes.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Auction was fun last night
Oh My God Omg GIF

Tony Page

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Final Round of the game
5.jpg

Participant with the first & correct answer will win this round.

sevenx7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ado
1000007206.jpg
homemade vessel, cost me about 12 bucks to make total.
You have a guide for this? lol Im using not wrapped jars right now, would wonder what strips/Powersupply your using, I'd like to set up another one so I have 4 total! I'd love to use bags instead of the sterilization each time!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You have a guide for this? lol Im using not wrapped jars right now, would wonder what strips/Powersupply your using, I'd like to set up another one so I have 4 total! I'd love to use bags instead of the sterilization each time!
What strains of phyto do you culture?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Chorella and Cheatoceros gracilis, Might be doing Rhodomonas next and alongside some Pods
(By Guide I mean what lights and PSU you use :))
Get the Rhodamonas from TSA. I tried both them and Pod Your Reef and it only took on the ones from TSA. They require purchasing an overnight shipping module, but it turns out that it is important for getting a culture going.

You can ship it just fine without overnight, but for culturing purposes it is sensitive about starting up again. I tried trading with someone else that was culturing and I sent them 2 packages and neither would start up, then I overnighted a package and it worked. I assume the same thing was the issue with my Pod Your Reef order, they don't overnight it.

Rhodamonas is great in my opinion. My culture got cross contaminated with Nanno which tends to take over, which is why I have two reactors of that now. I lost my culture about a month and a half ago.

Last edited:

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not honestly but it's a super simple set up, the led strip it's a common 5v RGB led cut to length, I think I ended up using a little over 4ft to wrap it around.
It's on a smart outlet so if comes on at the programed time.
1000007297.jpg
this is the light used for the one pictured. Seems to grow isochrysisat full intensity just fine.
For other cultures I will be using 12v leds and hopefully it will be bright enough for them.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Chorella and Cheatoceros gracilis, Might be doing Rhodomonas next and alongside some Pods
(By Guide I mean what lights and PSU you use :))
Ok, so I gotta ask, what are those used for? It looks like Chorella is freshwater phytoplankton, do you use it to fatten up brine shrimp?

What is Cheatoceros used for? I cultured Phaeodactylum which is also a diatom for a bit.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I do not honestly but it's a super simple set up, the led strip it's a common 5v RGB led cut to length, I think I ended up using a little over 4ft to wrap it around.
It's on a smart outlet so if comes on at the programed time.
1000007297.jpg
this is the light used for the one pictured. Seems to grow isochrysisat full intensity just fine.
For other cultures I will be using 12v leds and hopefully it will be bright enough for them.
How are you doing the bags? The photo you posted didn't have it. For the Poseidon Reef Reactors it has a rubber top, not a screw top made of plastic, so you just push it down and it goes over the bag.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you doing the bags? The photo you posted didn't have it. For the Poseidon Reef Reactors it has a rubber top, not a screw top made of plastic, so you just push it down and it goes over the bag.
Yea that picture was one it was first set up with the lights so I didn't use no bag, other vessels do have it tho, the bags are long enough to where they overlap the bottle neck, I simple fold it out and screw the lid over it,
I can take a pic once I get home.

ros3to

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lids are loose enough that it allows them to go all the way down without pulling or crumbling the bag.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back