20   0   0
Picsart_24-05-13_09-28-33-280.jpg

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those who have nems, when did u add them? my friend is giving me his Chicago sunburst, my tank is 3 months old, I told him to wait, but he has to get rid of his system. what can I do to speed up the process? figure out tank dosing? maintain good parameters? blah?

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those who have nems, when did u add them? my friend is giving me his Chicago sunburst, my tank is 3 months old, I told him to wait, but he has to get rid of his system. what can I do to speed up the process? figure out tank dosing? maintain good parameters? blah?
I added them after 8 months and pulled them at 12 as they multiplied and were taking up valuable real estate. That said - I do not recommend anemone in smaller tanks, especially first tanks, new tanks or tanks that are not stable yet.

There is nothing to speed this up and trying to do so will usually end up in suffering.

If your buddy really needs to dump the anemone have him take it to the LFS or give it to you to do that.

I know that is not what you want to hear (you have been told this already).

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I added them after 8 months and pulled them at 12 as they multiplied and were taking up valuable real estate. That said - I do not recommend anemone in smaller tanks, especially first tanks, new tanks or tanks that are not stable yet.

There is nothing to speed this up and trying to do so will usually end up in suffering.

If your buddy really needs to dump the anemone have him take it to the LFS or give it to you to do that.

I added my nem at about a year old. If he needs to dump it and if he ship,, I'll take it

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ik Ive been told this :(. but "give it to you to do that." what do u mean?

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back