SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 25, Members: 13, Guests: 12)

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
oh, sad me :(
but its a nice deal for the Chicago and if I want to buy it back, its gonna be hundreds for it :(
I know, it a beautiful animal. At the same time, you want to provide it with the best condition as possible for it to thrive, but I don't feel comfortable adding to a 3-4 mos old tank.

Zero_Cool

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but, nem, and then I can't buy it back because they would price it very high :(
Timing is everything. In my opinion the deal is great but the timing is bad.

If you are searching for someone to say this is OK I am sure if you asked enough people you will eventually get the answer you are looking for.

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
vet guy just said in other post 4-6 month old tank
so...
its extremely difficult to give you advice on this i wouldn't be afraid to put one in a month old tank as long as everything was going well, but i have a lot of experience and its hard to tell where you are at and where your tank is at. also i haven't had a Chicago sunburst, but if they are anything like the rainbows or black widows i have they are pretty sturdy, way more so than most of my coral. i left a rainbow bubble tip in a bag in my sump for over a week and it was fine, i had bagged it up for someone who was supposed to buy it and they changed their mind at the last minute and i forgot to unbag it. I would never by a wild collected nem but any nem that is tank bred and thriving and reproducing in captivity like a Chicago sunburst probably isn't very hard to keep.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its extremely difficult to give you advice on this i wouldn't be afraid to put one in a month old tank as long as everything was going well, but i have a lot of experience and its hard to tell where you are at and where your tank is at. also i haven't had a Chicago sunburst, but if they are anything like the rainbows or black widows i have they are pretty sturdy, way more so than most of my coral. i left a rainbow bubble tip in a bag in my sump for over a week and it was fine, i had bagged it up for someone who was supposed to buy it and they changed their mind at the last minute and i forgot to unbag it. I would never by a wild collected nem but any nem that is tank bred and thriving and reproducing in captivity like a Chicago sunburst probably isn't very hard to keep.
are bta's easier than rock flower nems?

andrewj1212

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
for those who have nems, when did u add them? my friend is giving me his Chicago sunburst, my tank is 3 months old, I told him to wait, but he has to get rid of his system. what can I do to speed up the process? figure out tank dosing? maintain good parameters? blah?
Just do weekly water changes if you don’t already and you should be ok

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
are bta's easier than rock flower nems?
not sure? but probably in the same ball park. I have both, and i haven't had any trouble with either lately, and i keep them in a tank i don't maintain very well. Any tank that doesn't have acros, doesn't get my full attention. and i don't keep any nems in my acro tanks.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure? but probably in the same ball park. I have both, and i haven't had any trouble with either lately, and i keep them in a tank i don't maintain very well. Any tank that doesn't have acros, doesn't get my full attention. and i don't keep any nems in my acro tanks.
oh, I have acros and a lot of sps. ooop
well, acros are being qt'ed in other friends 6 gallon tank

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
oh, I have acros and a lot of sps. ooop
well, acros are being qt'ed in other friends 6 gallon tank
i would never again keep a bubble tip in a tank with acros, unless i had decided i was done with the acros and hoping to kill them. I tried it in my current display, against the advise of the semi-LFS guy, and it was fine for about 6 months, then it moved and parked itself right next to one of my nice acro colonies, i took it out the next day and i still lost half the acro colony.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would never again keep a bubble tip in a tank with acros, unless i had decided i was done with the acros and hoping to kill them. I tried it in my current display, against the advise of the semi-LFS guy, and it was fine for about 6 months, then it moved and parked itself right next to one of my nice acro colonies, i took it out the next day and i still lost half the acro colony.
well, I dont have them in the tank rn so... couple more months :D
I have a small rock that he can hopefully go on, and if anything bad happens
reef safe putty and dry rocks exist :D

Back