SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 15, Members: 9, Guests: 6)

evilexotica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any ideas how to improve blue color. I think I'm more green where should be blue. Potassium 430 any ideas.
Picture213.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
any ideas how to improve blue color. I think I'm more green where should be blue. Potassium 430 any ideas.
You mean blue pigmentation in acros? I'm not sure, but mine run more blue. I think it is actually a lack of other elements like potassium. I bought potassium supplements, but actually haven't added them at all.

Look at the SBB Jet Fuel when I got it versus now, I think it has more pink pigmentation.
P_20231128_202712.jpg

Now:
P_20240424_193001.jpg

Could just be maturity, but most of my acros go bluer. I know I'm low on potassium, one of two things I'm off on for my ICPs. The other is iodine.

Other acros for reference on my blues.
SBB Heart attack isn't as red as others:
P_20231110_184456.jpg

This is the SBB Electrolyte, it was greenish in the pics when I got it, taking more blues and purples now.
P_20231201_150457_1.jpg

P_20240424_193259.jpg

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing ammonium and the concotion has significantly increased colors across the board, perhaps not having tin as well, but my tricolor valida is objectively more blue than it has been in the past, with thicker flesh:
(Jan 31/now)
1000034155.jpg

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Dosing ammonium and the concotion has significantly increased colors across the board, perhaps not having tin as well, but my tricolor valida is objectively more blue than it has been in the past, with thicker flesh:
(Jan 31/now)
1000034155.jpg
What is this "concoction" everyone is speaking of?
The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero

ReeferZ1227

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this "concoction" everyone is speaking of?
The Kid Mero Showtime GIF by Desus & Mero
Instead of mixing bacteria, food, enzyme, and carbon in the tank through standard dosing, you essentially mix it in a container. The enzyme breaks down the food, bacteria consume and multiply, you dose that. Essentially zeovit without starving your coral to death. You can increase/decrease nutrients based on adding more or less food to the concotion.

Allan vo has a thread on it here:

It's the wild wild west, everyone's trying different stuff. I'm not sure I've read about a single tank that hasn't responded positively. Since I've had so many changes in a short amount of time I can't really act as a control but things I've noticed over the past month:
-Growth tips are thicker
-growth tips aren't as "burnt" and bring skin faster
-new colors on old pieces
-even faster growth
-wirey growth on fast growers like millis is now more full and thicker growth
-thicker flesh
-significantly better PE across the board.
-growth on the entire coral (i.e. existing coralites not just tips)
1000034134.jpg

Perhaps my tank was just nutrient deprived and this "superfood" resolves that and could have been resolved through other means as well.

I dose enough reefroids in the concotion to nuke my tank. Perhaps the bacteria allows you to dose insane nutrients without crazy residuals as I haven't seen my po4 go up as much as it would just dosing a fraction of the roids I use in the concotion. Heavy in/heavy out.

evilexotica

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it a good deal for this piece with 45% off code? please dont ask me why I am still shopping. I dont know either

1715701298624.png
Got mine for $21 at auction... Just got Super Super Lucky!!!! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: that nobody bid higher, wanted one at the time, or everyone was out of $$$?

But yes, very good deal!
Would jump on that deal

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 137 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back