SBB- Spring Fling Blowout

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 10, Members: 0, Guests: 10)

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re a blast. I think we should do a SBB offshore trip :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
im in! ive fished multi day trips out of San Diego my whole life....you used to have to make the long run to the Lupe to chase big tuna..... now we just. chase the big bluefin 60 miles or less from shore

Last edited:

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you use waste water after making rodi to use for freshwater tank. I'm thinking to keeping 1 parrot fish for my office.
The RODI waste water is typically highly concentrated with the impurities. It will have a TDS of something like 3000. It can sometimes be diluted back down to water plants, but that's about it.

6t4nova

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
im in! ive fished multi day trips out of San Diego my whole life....you used to have to make the long run into the Lupe to chase big tuna..... now we just. chase the big bluefin 60 miles of less from shore
Bluefin fishing has been great and like you said, they’re close

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS has been slacking. Been trying to find out the warranty/help on a <2 month old skimmer. Took 4 days and 3 emails for them to acknowledge an email, now we are on day 10.... Really thought there customer service was better than this
Usually it’s really good service and usually lots of sales coming and going.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find calling to be faster. When I have a problem, I'll be on the phone or chat and email them at the same time and stay on until they receive it
Totally agree. I feel like it’s becoming a generational thing, in regards to communication, because of technology (Ado I apologize if this isn’t the case for you) people who are now in their 50’s or older pretty much only want to call and talk. People in their early 30’s and younger want interaction to be through text/email and then people around 40-years old are comfortable doing it all.

Ado

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, never had it an issue. Was just worried because my tank has now gone 10 days without a skimmer and would have picked up another this weekend if BRS did not respond

Vinaka_vakalevu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bluefin fishing has been great and like you said, they’re close
ya ive actually been fishing less and less on the long range trips truth be told and fishing with some of the 4 pack guys. mainly Duane Mellor Pinnacle sportfishing or Jamie Thinnes with Seasons

Joe462

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Still tinkering with photos. Think I found the thing I needed. Got an Avast Porthole for my phone. Completely blocks the glare from the lights. Using a simple blue filter.

Green Giant
IMG_4664.jpeg

Homewrecker
IMG_4663.jpeg

Mind Freeze
IMG_4662.jpeg

Green Flash
IMG_4661.jpeg

Turbo Fire
IMG_4666.jpeg
does the phone holder work well? i was looking at them.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does the phone holder work well? i was looking at them.

Works pretty good. The holder expands to get around the sides of the phone. Not sure if it would work with a bigger phone. Mine is the std size iPhone 14. Took this picture with my Orphek filters on the phone.

IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works pretty good. The holder expands to get around the sides of the phone. Not sure if it would work with a bigger phone. Mine is the std size iPhone 14. Took this picture with my Orphek filters on the phone.

IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_4667.jpeg
Is that thing orange on the far side? That would be cool.
I just put the lens on my iPhone and then put my phone inside of one of these things and let it float around and take pictures.

Back