2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up some supplies I'll need when I redo my manifold -
IMG_0037_zpsn6pdfqmp.jpg

AquaMaxx Fluidized GFO and Carbon Filter Media Reactor - XS
http://www.marinedepot.com/AquaMaxx...te_Reactors-AquaMaxx-UJ45114-FIFRISPR-vi.html

AquaMaxx XS Reactor (iPhone 6 for size comparison)-
IMG_0036_zps3ez5kwss.jpg

I actually got two reactors, not sure if I'll run the both of them or not -
IMG_0038_zpsipbqute7.jpg

Attemping to design my manifold. Doubt I use the 90 on the end, but I will need an output to run my RAIN2 algae turf scrubber. Using a Wye fitting to split the flow-
IMG_0067_zpsltvxniri.jpg

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that being said I am not sure I need to run two, the chamber is plenty big enough to run both carbon and gfo on my reefer 250. I don't think it makes much sense to setup an entire reactor to run 1/4 cup of GFO for my setup

I've looked at combining media into a single reactor due to space issues as well. I've read the concerns on different flow rate for media, but AquaForest mentions you can run their Carbon + Phosphate Minus(GFO) + ZeoMix in a single reactor. A BRS video recommended different reactors, but mentioned it was possible to their carbon + GFO in the same reactor.

Another downsize is cost, the GFO will likely expire long before the carbon. However, media costs are less of an issue on small tanks.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at combining media into a single reactor due to space issues as well. I've read the concerns on different flow rate for media, but AquaForest mentions you can run their Carbon + Phosphate Minus(GFO) + ZeoMix in a single reactor. A BRS video recommended different reactors, but mentioned it was possible to their carbon + GFO in the same reactor.

Another downsize is cost, the GFO will likely expire long before the carbon. However, media costs are less of an issue on small tanks.

I've ran both media's in the same reactor since I started using reactors years ago. Since I already have two reactors I may plumb it anyway, I'll have to see how I can get them in the stand without compromising a lot of space. For my particular system I use such a small amount of GFO I don't know that I can justify running a reactor for just GFO. I'll have a better idea on this once the rest of my plumbing supplies come in.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up my Red Sea reefer 350!! Very excited, I bought it used. One year old and came with pump and heaters for 1k. Will need to replace the return plumbing because it was plumbed for an algae scrubber, also going to replace the heaters after the cycle. Other than needing a very deep cleaning it's perfect!!
IMG_7059.JPG
You are going to love that tank!

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 350 series has been up and running for almost a week now and I have the dumbest question, but why do the sliding trays for the socks not work? The lip on the socks that came with my tank are too big and stop the sliding tray from coming out. I have to assume that this is an error, wondering if anyone can comment.

fredjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my 350 series has been up and running for almost a week now and I have the dumbest question, but why do the sliding trays for the socks not work? The lip on the socks that came with my tank are too big and stop the sliding tray from coming out. I have to assume that this is an error, wondering if anyone can comment.
I also just set up my 350 and I don't have that problem. make sure the socks are are in the rails and not on top of them.

Reigun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Make sure you are using the standard Red Sea filter socks otherwise they won't fit without some modifications. Also make sure you inserted the sock into the right side where there is a groove.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back