Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm the only not US guy here or? [emoji5] I start 3 months ago with my RedSea reefer 350 and start loading now. I'm not 100% happy/finish with my scape and equipment but it runes like that for now. I am at work right now but I will post more pics when I'm back home in the next day. Btw, I'm German and living currently in UAE, I'm 4 years in the hobby and that's my best tank I ever had. A bit to small but wife didn't agree with a bigger version. [emoji5] ok guys, have a look to my tank now.

Hope you enjoy [emoji5]
Dubai here, Belgian,.... Reefer 450

r33fswagg3r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, my apex was one of the affected units with the bad sd cards so while I wait for the unit to arrive I took advantage of extra space for now. I decided to plumb in the refugium I've been working on. Once I have the apex back should be back on track!
20160730_175607.jpg
1469919214298.jpg
20160730_211038.jpg
20160731_005441.jpg

Nice setup, love the way you did the refugium. Don't feel bad about the Apex, I got hit with a bad SD card as well.

ReefingwithO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
after seeing many of you using vortech m1 or l1
i was wondering how was the nosie level of the pumps?
image.jpeg

I have an M1 and mine is silent. Here is a video I made for a user over at RC to demonstrate how quiet mine is. -
His sounded like a jet engine taking off -

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been having problems with their ATO? I did start using kalkwasser in the ATO, but the lines are completely unobstructed and when I unscrew the adjustment side completely out it flows just fine ... I don't get it. and this is a huge problem for me as I am gone for days at a time.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone been having problems with their ATO? I did start using kalkwasser in the ATO, but the lines are completely unobstructed and when I unscrew the adjustment side completely out it flows just fine ... I don't get it. and this is a huge problem for me as I am gone for days at a time.

If any one part is going to fail, it's going to be the float. Does water come out if you manually push the float down? If you pull the hose off of the float, can you blow bubbles back into the ATO reservoir through the hose?... just to confirm there is zero blockage.

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I push the float down I get absouletly no drips. I am able to blow bubbles back into the ATO. does that mean I need to replace the float valve?

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I push the float down I get absouletly no drips. I am able to blow bubbles back into the ATO. does that mean I need to replace the float valve?

Sounds like it!

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So close the valve at the ATO, unplug the hose from the valve, then see if you can blow air through the hose/float as you manually raise it up and down.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about putting my jbj ato on my reservoir to get that extra 2 gallons. This is making me think twice about going that route.

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep I can blow air thru it when the float valve is down so I don't get what I'm doing wrong :(

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about putting my jbj ato on my reservoir to get that extra 2 gallons. This is making me think twice about going that route.

Yeah, my Puratek Auto Level controller was the best investment for my tank yet. It just pumps it directly out of my 65 gallon RO/DI storage container, in my basement, up to my sump. The level sensor actually mounts on the outside of the sump... so nothing is in the water to get gummed up etc. It also has a backup in which it will only run for so long in a 24 hour period. I have mine set at 10 minutes.... which even if the sensor failed for a few days straight, it would only pump for 10 minutes per day, and wouldn't overflow my sump.

Virtualbasil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will probably have to get something like that ... I just don't know what I'm going to do until then

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to pull the trigger on the reefer 250 in 2 weeks during the next BRS group buy. I would have bought it from marine depot this past weekend with their 15% off promotion going on, but they only had the black stand in stock. The wife and I both want white! I've read this thread entirely and have read mixed opinions/reviews on a few pieces of hardware. I currently have a Kessil A160 on my current setup with the controller, my plan is to add another 160 to the reefer 250 (Two 160's). Before I go any further this tank will be a mixed reef. I also have a MP10WQD on my current setup and plan to add a 2nd one that I can sync together. From my reading some say that the mp10 will work on the back glass and others said they had issues. Last question, I plan to run either a Fluval SP (Fluval SP2 is rated at 950gph) series return pump or Sicce (Sicce 3.0 is rated at 714 gph) return pump. I don't have any immediate plans to run a manifold, but this very well may come into play when it is time to add reactors.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone taken the feet off the stand? Mine is on carpet so having the feet to raise it slightly off the ground does me no good. Trying to decide if I want to just remove them or not since they are just pushed in and would not take long at all to pull them out. Thinking if I need to shim to level everything again after I let the tank sit filled for 2 days that it will be easier without the feet. Plus it should distribute the weight across the whole stand bottom and not just where the feet are.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to pull the trigger on the reefer 250 in 2 weeks during the next BRS group buy. I would have bought it from marine depot this past weekend with their 15% off promotion going on, but they only had the black stand in stock. The wife and I both want white! I've read this thread entirely and have read mixed opinions/reviews on a few pieces of hardware. I currently have a Kessil A160 on my current setup with the controller, my plan is to add another 160 to the reefer 250 (Two 160's). Before I go any further this tank will be a mixed reef. I also have a MP10WQD on my current setup and plan to add a 2nd one that I can sync together. From my reading some say that the mp10 will work on the back glass and others said they had issues. Last question, I plan to run either a Fluval SP (Fluval SP2 is rated at 950gph) series return pump or Sicce (Sicce 3.0 is rated at 714 gph) return pump. I don't have any immediate plans to run a manifold, but this very well may come into play when it is time to add reactors.
Good choice, there's a guy on youtube that has the exact tank and set up you are thinking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-FNvSWNm_. I'd suggest looking into a more powerful return pump if you are planning on adding manifold in the future, Vectra M1 or jebao8000 depending on your budget. Best of luck :)

Richyreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone taken the feet off the stand? Mine is on carpet so having the feet to raise it slightly off the ground does me no good. Trying to decide if I want to just remove them or not since they are just pushed in and would not take long at all to pull them out. Thinking if I need to shim to level everything again after I let the tank sit filled for 2 days that it will be easier without the feet. Plus it should distribute the weight across the whole stand bottom and not just where the feet are.
I used composite shims under the feet and under the wood using a couple shims stacked up. By using two shims, you can use the top one as a spacer and hammer in the lower one till the tank is level. This lifted the tank without tweeking the wood stand. My tank is on a short pile carpet and it did settle about 1/8 inch after a couple days. It was easy to re-level the tank with the shims, even with the tank almost full.

Rekt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would recommend the Vectra M1 if its in your budget. I cant believe how silent it runs. I wish my skimmer was that silent.

Back