Show off your PVC plumbing skills

Art2249

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
later on I changed out those galvanize straps with nylon straps and stainless screws

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, except for the learning curve of measure once, cut many times....start over....rinse....repeat......it truly was the least expensive and most fun part of the build for me.

IMG_8414.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2b0f.jpeg
o5x7j7Q2Svu4C7NBHKS88w.jpg
Did your sump come with the red bottom and colored sides?

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its the standard sump that came with my red sea reefer 425xl. I purchased vinyl cling sheets and applied them myself. You can get them online at amazon or eBay.
I assume to the outside.right Do you have a direct link to what you have?

Last edited:

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not, its all basically the same. I used the cling variety as its easier to apply and re-do if something happens.
I don't see why not, its all basically the same. I used the cling variety as its easier to apply and re-do if something happens.
Is that off white or a pure white. Can't tell by the pics but I like it. How does it look after time?

Gary Ellis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pure white...it has stayed the same for almost a year. I am happy with it.
Did you buy it on a roll or piece sheets together. I find 9"x 12" pieces. I can't find rolls of it. If you bought rolls of it do you have any left over that you would want to sell?

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the new rector
Kind of a pain in the behind to do dual medias because you have to fill the bottom between the two purple "media stopper" plates, because you cannot remove the bottom plate (design flaw IMO). Also the GFO can overflow even though there is a foam filter pad, but doesn't happen once you dial it in. Notice the media on my base. Mine was overflowing because the activated carbon carbon underneath was blowing bubbles, which pushed the media over the top with each bubble until settles. User error because I didn't wash and wait. Overall I like it better than my BRS reactor on my other tank, especially if your only running one media (very easy change).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back