Small critter identification

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, if anyone can help me identify this and how to remove them other than manually that would be great. I just freaking made a huge scratch on my acrylic cause one of these jerks was camouflaged under the cleaner. Used to have the small starfish but used a harlequin shrimp to remove them, hoping for a similar solution, small whitish oval shaped

IMG_3991.jpeg

OP
OP
A

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they seem to be more fresh water. Also mine are all white no color. Hard to get a good pic but they do seem similar to limpets tho

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, if anyone can help me identify this and how to remove them other than manually that would be great. I just freaking made a huge scratch on my acrylic cause one of these jerks was camouflaged under the cleaner. Used to have the small starfish but used a harlequin shrimp to remove them, hoping for a similar solution, small whitish oval shaped

IMG_3991.jpeg
Limpet! Good CUC member

OP
OP
A

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you want to kill limpets!?
Because when you have acrylic class pests like those get caught in the glass scrapper and scratch the glass no matter how careful I was . I had my tank for years. And finally got my first big scratch

OP
OP
A

Aries360

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one has any ideas? Another dang scratch, everyone keeps talking about how good these cleanup crews are. I guess most do not have acrylic glass. Surely somebody knows how to rid my tank of these critters. At this point, I’m willing to lose all of my cleanup crew. Maybe a trigger? Or a harlequin?

Attachments

• IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4109.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4110.jpeg
    IMG_4110.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back