OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the first two baffles in. They were cut a little short, but I'm hoping that a good amount of silicone will be enough to keep them secure.

sump 1.jpg

Have a little clean up to do but overall I think I did a fair enough job w/ the silicone.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sump is pretty much finished. Got some silicone b/w the baffles so I'm going to run to Home Depot to see if there is some sort of long handled razor blade holder. It's no big deal if I can't find one.

Sump, fin.jpg

Skimmer (Skimz Oval SV203) is set to be delivered tomorrow and the tank will be here on Thursday.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That fits perfectly in that spot. Nice sump job, very clean.

It looks good there. Following along (I also have a 200dd).

Thanks! We just moved in last month so we haven't completely settled-in yet. We've been waiting for the tank to get here to hang some art, etc.

I put the sump in the stand, just for S&G's. Also, you can see that I started painting the back glass.

photo-7.jpg

I'm going to have to remove the rear center brace on the stand in order to fit the 20L ATO reservoir tank in. My goal for this weekend is to have the back of the DT painted, the reservoir tank painted (to avoid algae from growing in it), light hangers bent, painted, and installed. That way I will be able to push the tank up to the wall and start plumbing.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished painting the DT

photo 1.jpg

Need a few more coats on the reservoir tank:

photo-8.jpg

And started working on the light hangers

photo 2.jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is coming along nicely. What are you using for light hangers? I need to come up with something for the seahorse tank.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everything is coming along nicely. What are you using for light hangers? I need to come up with something for the seahorse tank.

It's getting there. Looking forward to being able to at least push the tank back up to the wall... having a mess in the house drives me nuts! The light hangers are 1" electrical conduit. I'm going to paint them black once I get the eye hooks through them. They'll allow me to swing the lights out of the way during maintenance. Depending on how much light spills into the room (I'm expecting a lot) I might have a cabinet maker make me a three sided canopy that I can slide on and off.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light hangers are just about ready for paint. Just have to trim off some of the threading on the eye bolt that sticks up above the nuts. Krista, here is a shot of how I'll attach the fixtures to the hangers

eye bolts.jpg

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about ready for plumbing

in place.jpg
hangers.jpg

Sorry about the bad photos...Still haven't gotten around to placing floor lamps and those overhead lights create a ton of glare.

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Needed to swap out the 20L reservoir tank for a 10g. The 20L (and then a 20H) would not fit. So I got the 10g painted today using spray paint...MUCH easier than rolling it on.

photo 1.jpg

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also started plumbing today. Got the overflow plumbing mocked-up. Still have to work on the standpipes and glue it all together. It's a BeanAnimal design so from left to right in all pictures: full-siphon, open channel, emergency channel. Please let me know what you think so I can make changes if needed...

photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

OP
OP
EricB

EricB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to redesign the layout of the stand. While I'm waiting for threaded bulkheads to be delivered I got some work done on the box for the DJ power strips.

Box 1.jpg
Box 2.jpg
Box 3.jpg

I designed the right side of the box like that so I only have to slide it back an inch or so in order to remove it, or the reservoir tank, from the stand.

I used insert nuts so that I can remove a power strip and put it back in the box without having to worry about damaging the wood. The holes aren't exactly straight, but they line up with the holes on the strips. Not bad for a guy with limited skills and even fewer tools, lol.

Insert Nuts.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back