So it begins- My Fluval 32.5 Reef tank

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My father in law gave me a fluval 32.5 last Sunday and I am finally getting to it!
This weekend I'm going to have to give the tank a good vinegar bath, the back looks like a hassle to clean. (if anyone has any tips................please please please let me know)

Mods coming Friday
Sicce Syncra 3.0 pump
Two Inland Media baskets
IceKap K1-Nano skimmer
RFG two nozzle

I am on the fence about the lid/lights. Maybe I will get a custom lid and change the light setup

Does anyone have any recommendations for a wavemaker? How are the NICREW lights?

OP
OP
emozoo

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my fun may be on pause, I just noticed these cracks. The tanks holds water but man what a let down..anyone have any experience with this? Should I go ahead and use this tank? I’m not sure what the end all be all crack size is. The corner cracks are on one side, the other side is fine
IMG_1060.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg
IMG_1061.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my fun may be on pause, I just noticed these cracks. The tanks holds water but man what a let down..anyone have any experience with this? Should I go ahead and use this tank? I’m not sure what the end all be all crack size is. The corner cracks are on one side, the other side is fine
IMG_1060.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg
IMG_1061.jpeg
Oh man, that sucks, sorry. I hope someone can chime in with a fix.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! Is this new? If so box it up and take it back, or at least contact Fluval. They’re pretty easy to contact, shoot them a message on Facebook if you have that. They’ll respond.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1060.jpeg
IMG_1062.jpeg
IMG_1061.jpeg
Sorry about the cracks!

OP
OP
emozoo

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking a chance-the tank has been full and cycling for about a week and no drips or leaks.

Rock scape is in, and I have a SMAT Farm light coming.

I found the testless cycle thread on here and stocking with coral first, then adding fish about 90 days later that were quarantined.

Exciting! will follow up with pictures.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am taking a chance-the tank has been full and cycling for about a week and no drips or leaks.

I found the testless cycle thread on here and stocking with coral first, then adding fish about 90 days later that were quarantined.

Yes, pictures please!

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just be careful as you add rock and sand! Weight may affect the integrity of the seal. Looks like you may be able to reinforce it with some sealant on the outside?

Darel

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my dragon eyed zoa is coming today.

Its game time! I have to get a lid too...hmm
You can do a mesh lid! RedSea has kits or you can do a DIY lid after watching some videos! Also, there’s some good small businesses out there that will make them do you custom and you can acrylic! Good luck with the Zoa!!!

OP
OP
emozoo

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do a mesh lid! RedSea has kits or you can do a DIY lid after watching some videos! Also, there’s some good small businesses out there that will make them do you custom and you can acrylic! Good luck with the Zoa!!!

Okay I'll keep an eye out. The zoa is closed up right now and the light is off.

Also, to your last post, I did reseal everything.

OP
OP
emozoo

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well....first shout out to @ReefChasers for the zoa, it came perfect and Steve (zoa) is acclimating nicely. My wife and I went to the fish store yesterday and she wanted to pick a coral, so we got the smallest little frag of a GSP. Not shy at all, out and about already! The zoa on the other hand is mostly open, he is a little temperamental ha. My birthday is next month-instead of a stea dinner, I think we will have to go get another little frag from the store haha!

Pics to follow once I dial in my settings on my Nikon-right now its dialed in for birds.

OP
OP
emozoo

emozoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any ideas what this clear tube is? Looks like part of the GSP? The tip of the tube is the same color as the GSP tips.
IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1286.jpeg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.3%
Back