The RedSea Reefer S-1000 Experience (210 Gal)

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSea Reefer S-1000 Build

I have the privilege of starting my dream tank build with this amazing new RedSea Reefer S-1000! My Fiancé and I just bought a new home and I have picked out the perfect spot for this new journey to begin. I’ve decided to share this journey with anyone who is interested in the hobby, so I have created “Reef Racket,” A friendly brand, business, or whatever you want to call it call it. I will be documenting every step of this epic journey on the Reef Racket YouTube Chanell as well as all of our social media pages. We would love for you all to follow along!

*Lets start with some tank specs*

Reefer-S 1000

Display tank length 82.7"

Display tank height 25.6"

Display tank width 26 3/4"

Total system height 60"

Total system water vol. 265 gal

Display tank water vol. 210 gal

In-cabinet sump water vol. 55 gal

Ultra-clear side glass 3/4"

Ultra-clear front glass 3/4"

***Stand***
1628990032973.png

***Unboxing Display*** Don't mind our cat "Lady"
1628990164323.jpeg

***Water truck with water straight from Half Moon Bay, California***
1628990242909.png

tank being filled.jpg

This beast of a tank is a HUGE step up from my current Fluval Flex 32.5 Gallon (123l) tank that just isn’t cutting it anymore. This tank was great and ill always love it, but its time for an upgrade. I will always apricate how this little Fluval brought my passion for this hobby to light which has brought me to the Dream Build…

Link to old build thread >>> https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/first-reef-tank-fluval-flex-32-5-gallon-build.770299/

*Plans for the tank*

I have thought long and hard on how I want this build to go. Actually, I didn’t have much of choice since this tank is so new and so large it is a pre-order and here we are over 2 months after purchase and its finally here! However, this allowed me to do my research and ensure I’m doing exactly what I want so I can start accurately from step one and avoid as many changes of heart as possible when setting up.

So, the plan here is to do what I have only seen a few reefers online accomplish successfully. I am going to attempt a Mixed Reef with the addition of a True Coral Catshark (Atelomycterus marmoratus).

*Equipment*

To start, I will be running:

• 1 EcoTech Marine Vectra L2 Centrifugal Pump (for return)
  • 4 RedSea ReefLED 160’s with Mounting Arms
  • 2 RedSea Reefwave 45
  • 2 EcoTech Marine Mp40Qd’s
  • 1 RedSea RSK-900 Reefer Skimmer
  • 2 RedSea Reefdose 4’s with Delux tube kits
  • 1 Aqua UV Sterilizer 57W
  • 1 AI Prime 16HD Fuge Light
  • 1 RedSea DIY mesh cover
  • 2 BRS 600W Titanium Aquarium Heaters
  • 1 Ink Bird Wifi Aquarium Heater Controller
*Addition equipment in future*

- D&D CleariSea Roller Filter

- Reactor of some kind (suggestions?)

- Auto testing (suggestions?)

*Aesthetics*

• 180 lbs of Pristine Rock and Marco Rock
  • 160 lbs CaribSea Live Fiji Pink Sand
  • Rock will consist of 1 Cave (left side) Large Arch (middle) and an NSA style island (right side)
  • Cave and Arch were made by yours truly!
  • The Beautiful NSA style island was professionally crafted by @ChandlerRocks which I could not be happier with! If you are looking for any kind of aqua scaping, hit up ChandlerRocks for your custom ideas to become reality.
Again, we are going for a mixed reef with some large fish and a shark. So, as you can see, great flow and somewhat minimal rock is the goal to help with filtration as well as ample open swimming space for the larger fish. I’m very excited to test the limits of compatibility with certain fish and corals as well as the shark addition. I have the luxury of testing these limits because I live right next to my LFS who has confirmed that they will take any and all fish, including the shark, off my hands in the event they are at risk in the tank or a threat to the tank. I would not do this otherwise as it is unsafe for the fish and corals. I hope to have you guys follow along both on this build thread and our YouTube Channel to see how mixing these species work out, suggestions, and feedback. It’s going to be very exciting as we will be “making a lot of noise… All about reefing!” – Reef Racket

***Me with the first tank shots!*** Didn't even wait for the sand to settle hahaha
1628990517605.jpeg

1628990579665.jpeg

***Oscar @HighTechAquariums with an amazing build job*** PERFECTLT LEVEL!

1628989915813.png

Huge thanks to Oscar (above) @HighTechAquariums for helping me make this happen in only 2 days with perfect leveling! 1628990125877.png

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the video, do you have a YouTube channel?

I finally decided to order a S-1000 after seeing your thread and reading through bdouglass’s build!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the video, do you have a YouTube channel?

I finally decided to order a S-1000 after seeing your thread and reading through bdouglass’s build!
Thank you! Yes! YouTube channel is simply "Reef Racket" the link is listed above in my original post!

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another video of the sump and how I'm currently running it. Another update coming soon once I add the TUNZE MAR (Macro Algae Reactor).

OP
OP
Reef Racket

Reef Racket

Reef Racket LLC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome build! How is the shark doing? Out during the day?
Shark is doing amazing!! He eats anything I give him now. No, he has not come out during the day... not even once. I assume it's because I feed him around 5:30 am when the lights are still out that he doesn't feel the need to search for food in the day... I'm an early riser and it works out for both of us.

websurfer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah was wondering if you where on here. Only s1000 I can find on YouTube.. still waiting on mine just got pushed out until Feb is what they are telling me ... Keep those vid coming along.. hope your enjoying your new tank and new home...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back