MichaelReefer's Reefer 525XL

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, it's finally happening. My Fiance and I just bought our new home and my LFS texted me last night and my Reefer 525XL is here! I will begin setting it up Friday and hopefully will have everything moved from my Reefer 250 to the new tank by the end of the weekend! I will update you all Friday when I begin on the stand!

ISznwkvbxmrhcv0000000000.jpg

617081553.jpg

Corals.com
Lazys Coral House

LeprechaunReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We're almost tank twins. I've got a lot of the same equipment as you. Is the chaeto growing nicely even with it being a newish tank and medium bioload? I'm really hesitant to get mine started so early. Mine has only been up and running for about 3-4 months.

OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We're almost tank twins. I've got a lot of the same equipment as you. Is the chaeto growing nicely even with it being a newish tank and medium bioload? I'm really hesitant to get mine started so early. Mine has only been up and running for about 3-4 months.

Doesn't seem to be having much of a problem. I am feeding a bit heavier just to get the nutrients up.

OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, Everyone is doing much better after nearly a month at the new house. The corals are pretty much all opened up (zoas are taking a bit longer), and I got my UV Sterilizer all hooked up and running. I mis-Diagnosed my Dinos and it is actually what appears to be green/blue Cyano. I have begun dosing H202 in hopes of fighting it back, and I moved the powerheads around and increased flow.

20200815_201822.jpg

Which do you think is better for your reef?

• Longer Less Intense Lighting

Votes: 119 44.1%
  • Shorter More Intense Lighting

Votes: 24 8.9%
  • No Difference

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 102 37.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.0%

Online statistics

Members online