MichaelReefer's Reefer 525XL

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's finally happening. My Fiance and I just bought our new home and my LFS texted me last night and my Reefer 525XL is here! I will begin setting it up Friday and hopefully will have everything moved from my Reefer 250 to the new tank by the end of the weekend! I will update you all Friday when I begin on the stand!

ISznwkvbxmrhcv0000000000.jpg

617081553.jpg

LeprechaunReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're almost tank twins. I've got a lot of the same equipment as you. Is the chaeto growing nicely even with it being a newish tank and medium bioload? I'm really hesitant to get mine started so early. Mine has only been up and running for about 3-4 months.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're almost tank twins. I've got a lot of the same equipment as you. Is the chaeto growing nicely even with it being a newish tank and medium bioload? I'm really hesitant to get mine started so early. Mine has only been up and running for about 3-4 months.

Doesn't seem to be having much of a problem. I am feeding a bit heavier just to get the nutrients up.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Everyone is doing much better after nearly a month at the new house. The corals are pretty much all opened up (zoas are taking a bit longer), and I got my UV Sterilizer all hooked up and running. I mis-Diagnosed my Dinos and it is actually what appears to be green/blue Cyano. I have begun dosing H202 in hopes of fighting it back, and I moved the powerheads around and increased flow.

20200815_201822.jpg

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, haven't updated in a while. The tank is doing great, I now have it on Kalkwasser due to my Alk dropping quite a bit, and it's holding at a steady 8.5.

20201227_143445.jpg

pandry15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I noticed you put your Nero's on the back wall - I'm thinking of doing the same when I get my WB next month. Obviously it's a better look , how is the flow with them on the back? Also the 525 is 5/8" glass if I'm not mistaken, I've read reviews on the Nero 5s not holding well on 1/2" glass I'm assuming you are not experiencing this...

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I noticed you put your Nero's on the back wall - I'm thinking of doing the same when I get my WB next month. Obviously it's a better look , how is the flow with them on the back? Also the 525 is 5/8" glass if I'm not mistaken, I've read reviews on the Nero 5s not holding well on 1/2" glass I'm assuming you are not experiencing this...

The new Neros have stronger magnets, I called and verified with AI before I purchased them. They actually hold pretty darn good. I haven't had one problem.

Regarding them being on the back, I was tired of moving them when I cleaned my glass and everything. The only issue I've had with it is it does mess the sand in the front up a bit, but it looks a lot cleaner. I may add a third one to go across the tank from the side.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is looking great!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 44 57.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Back