Spsaddict's dream come true!

solar2cn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you mean? I love the look of my corals under blue light. I personally wouldn't take pictures under anything but full spectrum light if I were trying to sell my coral. With that said I think I love looking at my corals the most during my dusk/dawn led cycle. Who doesn't like the disco glow? I mean c'mon. Lol
Thanks for your answer!

Bugsy_Barboza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you insulated & put up drywall in the garage but is there any ventilation or cooling/heating installed?

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you insulated & put up drywall in the garage but is there any ventilation or cooling/heating installed?

Hello. Above the garage there is a A-frame loft with 2 windows on each end. I installed 2 1/8 hp fans in each window drawing air in and out. This creates a pretty strong suction that draws air through the top gap of the garage door downstairs and pulls it upstairs to be exhausted by the fans. Works pretty well.

Bugsy_Barboza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My garage is already insulated, I insulated the garage door well and need to install threshold rubber piece in hopes of putting a good size tank with a large refugium in the garage. Winter I dont believe will be too much of an issue. But summer is my main concern. I could always put a wall unit in the side of my garage but for the sake of my energy bill id like to avoid it if all possible. I wonder if a dehumidifier or an exhaust fan would do the trick.

OP
OP
spsaddict

spsaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My garage is already insulated, I insulated the garage door well and need to install threshold rubber piece in hopes of putting a good size tank with a large refugium in the garage. Winter I dont believe will be too much of an issue. But summer is my main concern. I could always put a wall unit in the side of my garage but for the sake of my energy bill id like to avoid it if all possible. I wonder if a dehumidifier or an exhaust fan would do the trick.

I actually would do a dehumidifier if I had a place to put a quality one and could run the reservoir to a drain. Excess moister in the room has not been a problem with the fans though. I also looked into some type of exhaust fan but boring a hole through the wall or ceiling didn't sound fun. Thankfully what I use works for me here in California.
I know how brutal the winters and summers can be in Tennessee. My mom lives there. I think I would try a large exhaust fan to start and maybe the dehumidifier if the fan can't hold up. I think a strong fan for just one tank should suffice though. Also, I would be sure you exhaust the chiller outside if at all possible. I plumbed my chillers upstairs into the loft. Keep me posted. I would love to see the progress of your new tank!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry my english not very good , my meaning is what are you think about to this point?

With lighting we need to balance what the corals need with what our human eye's need to enjoy our corals. I have learned thru the years that l want the best for my corals.

Avec l'éclairage nous devons équilibrer ce que les coraux ont besoin avec ce besoin de notre œil humain pour profiter de nos coraux . Je l'ai appris à travers les années que je veux le meilleur pour mes coraux .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back