Sump/fuge baffle question. Please help

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, hope someone can give me good advice cause I'm going crazy lol. I have a 75 gallon sump. I have placed the baffles you see so far the last one is an adjustable gate that I just didn't put in. So I have 1 - 14" high baffle left. I was suppose to put it after the adjustable baffle before my return pump to help with micro bubbles but when I tested the system before baffles I had zero micro bubbles. So I was thinking of putting the last baffle at the very beginning raised 3" up to have water go under right after the drains water coming in and I decided to make the fuge 1st so I was thinking if I did put the baffles raised up water would rush underneath and help spin the chaeto. Is this correct? Or should I place at end as a bubble trap?
In picture the 14" baffle is just leaned up against the last adjustable baffle.

Thank you!

16971741059487109813159065813702.jpg

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The adjustable baffle is intended for some black foam that a) reduces noise and b) prevents anything larger than the pores (ie: snails) from ending up in your return pump.

In the last chamber (the one with the soup cans) you probably want less "baffle" space and more room for a return pump.

OP
OP
F

FreshSaltyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The adjustable baffle is intended for some black foam that a) reduces noise and b) prevents anything larger than the pores (ie: snails) from ending up in your return pump.

In the last chamber (the one with the soup cans) you probably want less "baffle" space and more room for a return pump.
Ok thank you for that info!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back