Talk about the R2R Great Forum Challenge

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if I am compulsive enough to post 100 posts to get that 1000 points :p I know if I were truly dedicated I would just crank out 100 comments on different posts but I don't feel like spitting out junk!

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is somewhat amusing how we've gone from auto selection of the top posters (which admittedly produced a lot of junk), to 2000 pts, and now to 1000 pts, and people still are not happy. 1000 points is nothing to earn. You're talking an average of 12 to 14 posts per day; hardly difficult regardless of whether you work or have a life, nor does it require you to post junk. This assumes that you don't start any new threads in new forums or do any of the other things to earn points like writing up a sticky worthy thread. Simply starting a thread on your tank or corals as was previously pointed out is usually more than enough to generate this many posts. Further, you are not required to participate in this contest - its like any other contest that is out there (hence a contest), its not a lotto and you're not going to get something for nothing. The goal of the contest was to generate interest and new members for R2R, not to just give away cool stuff.

Julius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its good to know i probly wont ever qualify. Heck i thought week 7 was what you wrote not just that you wrote it. Silly me Oh well. Thanx anyway.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its good to know i probly wont ever qualify. Heck i thought week 7 was what you wrote not just that you wrote it. Silly me Oh well. Thanx anyway.

Posts do indeed have to contain a minimum number of characters in order to qualify. Hence posts of "nice" or :angel: aren't going to qualify anybody. Its not just about writing, its also about what you write. A good sticky thread will get you 250 points, while starting a new thread only gets you 20, 30 or 40 points depending on how you set it up.

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright dang it, I am stepping it up.. no more just reading and running off. I just wish I had a sticky worth posting... I already did the rocks one and I think I already saw one for aquascaping. Sigh... all this thinking is going to kill me!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.8%
Back