Tank scratch

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just bought a 60 gallon breeder tank from my local Petco. When I got home I realized that the tank was actually scratched from the inside on the bottom. It’s a pretty long scratch but It’s not a crack because i can only feel it from the inside. My question is, can I use this tank? I’m worried that water might just leak from this scratch. I’m pretty sure this is tempered glass.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just bought a 60 gallon breeder tank from my local Petco. When I got home I realized that the tank was actually scratched from the inside on the bottom. It’s a pretty long scratch but It’s not a crack because i can only feel it from the inside. My question is, can I use this tank? I’m worried that water might just leak from this scratch. I’m pretty sure this is tempered glass.
You should be ok. But go back for an exchange. Petco is super good

OP
OP
V

valley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be ok. But go back for an exchange. Petco is super good
Yea I actually already got a full refund for this. The Petco is pretty far and I just didn’t want to go through the hassle of bringing the same tank home again. I’ll be using this tank then. I guess I got it for free! Thank you for the help!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I actually already got a full refund for this. The Petco is pretty far and I just didn’t want to go through the hassle of bringing the same tank home again. I’ll be using this tank then. I guess I got it for free! Thank you for the help!

There are plenty of DIY videos out there which will instruct you on polishing out the scratch.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably silicone, try to remove with razor.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 56 74.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back