Tanked Cancelled

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This show most likely led to needless deaths of many saltwater critters because it basically demonstrated very little to nothing in regards to actual tank preparation for the addition of livestock and how to care for them afterwards. In this case, making it look easy is a REALLY bad idea knowing the average rube isn’t going to go beyond the info in the show, plop a “dory” into a 10 gallon petsmart tank like a betta and expect it to survive just because it has sand, salt water and cheap plastic decor...

MombasaLionfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ll just admit it — I’ve seen every episode of every season. The actors mostly drove me nuts but they were car guys, and fish tank guys/gals — lots for me to enjoy.

I don’t much care for the drama, and the “extras”. I don’t care much about celebrities. I don’t like that the show was a bit misleading with regards to how the hobby works.

I always enjoyed watching the fish and some of the end products were stunning. So I’ll admit that I will miss them. Heather always stuck me as a lunatic.
Agreed 100%.

sean rand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has to make you wonder though, after watching the show, how many people decided to start up this hobby?

I watched it, knew it was full of crap, but it was a fun show and gave me a few ideas on fish for my own tank.
My wife and I got in to the hobby because of this show. We started with a freshwater tank and I got bored and switched to salt. If I would have known what I know about the hobby now I'm not sure I would have gone in to it. Over all I njoy the hobby.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess the main question from all this is why are disfunctional people advanced by the media as the latest and greatest and the serious well adjusted and qualified ignored? Seems like we have a parallel path to "greatness" in politics that mirrors what the country watches on the television.

Media actually rushes to the current clown cars dumping out would be politicians all over the country but skip the serious questions of the persons qualifications and the actual merits of their policies. Is the media's attention span the same as dog with a lose squirrel running about? Apparently!

This show allowed some creative individuals to work at some things completely over their collective heads. And it explored the question of just because you can should you? After the tank in Canada exploded and the company denied they even built it you have to wonder who was even paying attention anymore.

By the way some company called ATM declared bankruptcy more than once in the Las Vegas area to only re-emerge under another name with the same acronym. Must be a coincidence.

While I honestly wish the individuals well I do take issue with "serious professionals" as they call themselves, who put the customer and fish at risk for a photo op. I also blame the media that tries to keep manufacturing one crisis after another to get people to watch. I am more interested in what @Lasse,@Jake Adams @Sallstrom, @Paul B or a host of others has to say about aquariums and fish than the drivel that passes for news or reality on media channels.

I prefer serious professionals that show their competence in a professional display of how and why this or that works. Leave the theatrics to the actors. It can be fun, funny and educational!

Well okay now back to my cave have a great day all!

Last edited:

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually liked the show. The scripted problems with every tank and the fake drama was stupid though. I’m glad it got canceled just because it seems they are a garbage company.

Last edited by a moderator:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched the show sometimes, just to see the hired help actually build tanks. About 3 min worth of footage. VCR's are the best.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back