View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The regal will be 1 year in 2 weeks!

The Majestic is at around 9 months.
IMG_8231.jpeg

IMG_8228.jpeg
Unfortunately the Majestic passed a few weeks ago for some reason - possibly due to my tang. And the Coral Beauty died a week before she did (In terms of money - The CB hit hardest but in terms of sentimentality, the Majestic was the hardest death).

But yesterday I came home with another (larger) Majestic and a gorgeous Flame Back Angel.
IMG_8670.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest addition! So nice except he’s kinda picking at some of my lps.
Multibars are stunning, what LPS do you have? He will likely go for Acans, Trachys, Scolys, Micros, and maybe some SPS but that’s less common for angels to do IME.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Multibars are stunning, what LPS do you have? He will likely go for Acans, Trachys, Scolys, Micros, and maybe some SPS but that’s less common for angels to do IME.
Yes, picking at my acans and trachy. I don't have scolys. I have hammers, tourches, gonis Blastomas, plates and a variety of sps that he seems to leave alone.

I feed my fish 2-3 a day!

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend and I purchased four Biota Regals last week. Two were a hair over an inch, two were an inch or slightly less. We split and each took one larger, one smaller. If anyone else ordered these just checking if theirs were this small? The larger ones took off in each of our tanks like they owned it. Mine are sharing a 40 gallon with a newly made pair of Flame Angels. The smaller one had some issues with keeping her balance, but after some time in an isolation container, she was fine. And by Saturday eating pellets. On Sunday they were swimming together. I was worried about keeping them with the Flames, but since the Regals are half their size, there is no reaction when they swim by. His smaller one perished this weekend so I sent Biota pictures and waiting for a credit since they now show out of stock. So I ordered a replacement from Jersey Corals, hopefully it can ship out early this week @jerseycorals
smallest regal in isolation container.jpg

smallest regal skinny 1-27-24.jpg

smallest regal 1-27-24.jpg

Larger one
larger regal 1-25-24.jpg

Larger one with dirty glass (Sorry)
larger regal   dirty glass 1-25-24.jpg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend and I purchased four Biota Regals last week. Two were a hair over an inch, two were an inch or slightly less. We split and each took one larger, one smaller. If anyone else ordered these just checking if theirs were this small? The larger ones took off in each of our tanks like they owned it. Mine are sharing a 40 gallon with a newly made pair of Flame Angels. The smaller one had some issues with keeping her balance, but after some time in an isolation container, she was fine. And by Saturday eating pellets. On Sunday they were swimming together. I was worried about keeping them with the Flames, but since the Regals are half their size, there is no reaction when they swim by. His smaller one perished this weekend so I sent Biota pictures and waiting for a credit since they now show out of stock. So I ordered a replacement from Jersey Corals, hopefully it can ship out early this week @jerseycorals

Larger one
larger regal 1-25-24.jpg

I got a biota second hand and it did really well till I messed up and added an unquarintined tang.
I do get a lot of fish straight from Biota and they usually come in ridiculously small but healthy. I got a cleaner wrasse most recently that was little more then a grain of cooked rice in size. But it quickly adjusted to the tank and has doubled in length in a month.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I continue both Biota and Jersey Corals do a great job with communication and most important shipping. Biota did issue credits for both regals that expired. The other two are doing fine, plus the one from Jersey Corals. Since JC doesn't have a guarantee after delivery we both decided to drip acclimate that regal. While in the bag my friend decided to drop a couple pellets in the bag and they were eaten immediately. The friend said it looked like the JC one had a gut like it had been fed very well. I commend both places for carrying captive bred fish and will continue to support both.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Larger one
larger regal 1-25-24.jpg

Holy S!!!! So cute!!!

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Larger one
larger regal 1-25-24.jpg

Those are beautiful adorable fish, when they are that size what would be the best option to feed them correctly? referring to nutrition.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are beautiful adorable fish, when they are that size what would be the best option to feed them correctly? referring to nutrition.
I added a pellet feeder that feeds TDO, Marine S, and one more pellet 4 times a day while I am not there. I add more pellets when I get home along with frozen mysis and spiralina brine

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back