The Majano Wand (Semi Review)

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I can attest that the Wand does NOT work on shrooms-lol. I tried an it just totally pi$$ed them off :)
Mushrooms take an extra long time to burn down. Sometimes you need more than one treatment to kill off your pests.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess there is a reason we called it a Majano Wand and not a mushroom, hydroid or Godzilla wand.

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[h=3][/h][h=3]FAFAQ/?[/h]
FAQ Can the Majano wand be used on other things as well?

Yes (in saltwater only).
Although not designed for other purposes, we have had many users tell us the Majano Wand works great against unwanted Mushrooms, Xenia, Zoanthids, Palythoas and many other soft corals. Treat the unwanted coral the same as a unwanted nuisance anemone.
***Please keep in mind that some Coral can release toxin as it dies, with that said be very careful not to kill to much coral at one time as the toxins released by the dying coral may harm other corals that you keep.***

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From another forum:
I have used Aiptasia-X on colonial hydroids. Smothered them up, and killed 'em dead! Curious to see how the wand works if you try it.

Sounds like it's worth a try.. I think I will try it out.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to me quite a few people expect this product to be a miracle cure for their reef. "I can press this button and voila the pest I'm trying to kill will be gone in seconds. Guaranteed". There isn't a pest product we use with miracle results like that. FW Exit can nuke your tank if your not careful. Red bug treatment can kill your shrimps, crabs and pods, Aptasia X or Joes juice dont always work and if you get them onto your corals they will die too.

As with any product, this wand takes practice to get the hang of. Sometimes your majanos can retract where you cant reach them. With mushrooms or xenia you will have to burn them back for a long time and might have to try several times before they are fully gone. Maybe the wand cant get to that last majano and you should use a kalk past type product.

I am the guy who originally plugged the outlet into the wall and built the prototype that Paul made the Reef Safe/User Safe version from. I still use my ugly copper pronged, door bell ballast version of this to kill off majano's, aptasias, montipora's and anything in my tank that is bothering something else. Except fish of course. Even after six years.

Paul built a user friendly copper free version and I think he did a great job with it.

Keep at it, you will get the hang of it and find your majano wand to be a useful tool in your reefkeeping arsenal of gadgets. Its not a one time use tool or miracle cure for pest aneome's. It's something that you will use often like your test kits and hydrometer.

Last edited:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Majanowand.com, they will direct you to Marine Depot

got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought mine last week. I had an aiptasia problem and just a few mojano so I got some Peppermint shrimp. The Peppermints ate all my aiptasia but now that the aiptasia were gone the Mojano went wild. I guess I may have thought the green and pink tipped ones were kinda cool but they got outta hand and fast. Mojano wand to the rescue! I don't think I will try it on aiptasia unless they are big ones that I can keep zapping. Aiptasia that are to small will just retract and make more. I am getting rid of them little at a time. It takes a few minutes for each one and the bigger ones are tough but the wand works :)
Got mine at Marine Depot.

Last edited:

rottweiler322007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one about a year ago from a frag swap. Works very good on majano. Be sure to siphon out as much as possible the pieces that are floating or left on rocks. I didn't do this at first and there was and explosion of new majano growing everywhere. If you do a lot at one time nutrient levels in tank will start to increase. As far as aptasia i find they are a little harder to kill. Peppermint shrimp work wonders on small aptasia.

Grahamcharles68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow are you serious! Wow i am hoping others that have used it will chime in on this because i need to know.
Throw it in the trash. It'll make them spread like crazy. Mrs wages pickling lime works 10 times better. Manjo wand seemed like a goo idea to me until I bought 1 and used it. It creates worse problems then what u had started with.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Throw it in the trash. It'll make them spread like crazy. Mrs wages pickling lime works 10 times better. Manjo wand seemed like a goo idea to me until I bought 1 and used it. It creates worse problems then what u had started with.

Not for the 3,000 or so happy users. I eliminated all my majano's and had a million of them. Now I don't have one and have not for over a year. :peace:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have them

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

With two posts it almost seem like you joined this forum specifically to say something bad about this product...

Welcome to Reef2Reef.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back