OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You must be happy with it....I need to figure out what I am putting in my fuge. Have never had great luck with chaeto....

I’d give pom pom gracularia a try. It’s cheap! I think it’s easier to keep cleaner too. It doesn’t grow as tightly together as chaeto does.

And my fox face loves eating it! Tangs are supposed to like it too. And unlike (dead) nori, it won’t break down and release nutrients if you leave it on a clip in the display for too long.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My daytime photos suck. My night ones are probably even worse, but check out all the pods scurrying around the back glass :star-struck:

IMG_9845.jpeg

They’re all over my rocks too. I’m thinking it’s time to snag a Biota captive bred mandarin dragonet!

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My weekly full tank progression shot, and my 2 favorite coral inhabitants at the moment:

IMG_9912.jpeg
IMG_9913.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpeg

The micro lord is coloring up nicely! And the Yuma is growing at a nice pace. He’s maybe the size of a silver dollar now. He started out smaller than a nickel.

No real tank changes to report on this past week. I’m still tweaking my ClariSea filter fleece roller to work reliably with the Hmahli fleece rolls. It’s ever so slightly narrower than the factory rolls so I’ve had issues with it “walking” to the left or right, resulting in water going around the fleece instead of through it. I’ve made some spacers to try to keep it centered. Jury is still out whether it will work long term or not.

I’ll be picking up my scopas tang and my Biota yellow tang this week. My lfs has been sitting on them while I acquired the necessary gear for a TTM setup. Both excited and nervous for this!

Lastly, here’s a fun clip of my micro lord at night:

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My weekly full tank progression shot, and my 2 favorite coral inhabitants at the moment:

IMG_9912.jpeg
IMG_9913.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpeg

The micro lord is coloring up nicely! And the Yuma is growing at a nice pace. He’s maybe the size of a silver dollar now. He started out smaller than a nickel.

No real tank changes to report on this past week. I’m still tweaking my ClariSea filter fleece roller to work reliably with the Hmahli fleece rolls. It’s ever so slightly narrower than the factory rolls so I’ve had issues with it “walking” to the left or right, resulting in water going around the fleece instead of through it. I’ve made some spacers to try to keep it centered. Jury is still out whether it will work long term or not.

I’ll be picking up my scopas tang and my Biota yellow tang this week. My lfs has been sitting on them while I acquired the necessary gear for a TTM setup. Both excited and nervous for this!

Lastly, here’s a fun clip of my micro lord at night:

I would love a Biota tang, but they are so expensive!

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your slacking. I started my 120 when you did lol.

4FS how many thousands of dollars of coral did you chuck into that thing?? lol

I've mostly run out of money so it's slow going from here.

How did you get SO MUCH Coraline so fast??

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FS how many thousands of dollars of coral did you chuck into that thing?? lol

I've mostly run out of money so it's slow going from here.

How did you get SO MUCH Coraline so fast??
20 yrs experience and good rock from 20 plus years.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can’t remember if I ever posted about my power outage plan so having just had to implement it, I’ll post it here!

I bought 2 extra regular power strips and a handful of 3’ extension cords. I mounted the strips on the side of my controller board (above my Ecotech battery backups - which I WILL be replacing the garbage guts on as soon as it makes sense). I have 1 strip designated for each EB832, and color coded sticker dots to indicate which plug goes where. In the event of an outage, the designated plugs from the EB832 get plugged into the power strips instead, which then get plugged into my generator.

Simple enough I could walk my 70 year old in-laws through it :squinting-face-with-tongue:

(They live right down the street and would be me emergency backups if both my wife and I are gone)

IMG_9958.jpeg
IMG_9959.jpeg

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What a sh.it day. The cucumber wasn't moving much when I opened the package. I assumed it was just shipping stress. I drip acclimated him and put him in the tank. I woke up to find him in the exact position I left him last night.

Oh, and I woke up to a dead scopas in the qt.

Then I came home after being gone all day, and the yellow tang was dead too.

File this under "things that make you want to quit"

More details later but I just don't wanna talk about it right now.

:disappointed-face:

*edit*

It wasn't the cucumber. First of all, the tiger cucumbers don't nuke the tank like others do. There are a number of posts here on the forum about that. Second, the cuc was in the display. The tangs were in a separate QT tank. Unrelated.

Last edited:

robanister

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a sh.it day. The cucumber wasn't moving much when I opened the package. I assumed it was just shipping stress. I drip acclimated him and put him in the tank. I woke up to find him in the exact position I left him last night.

Oh, and I woke up to a dead scopas.

Then I came home after being gone all day, and the yellow tang was dead too.

File this under "things that make you want to quit"

More details later but I just don't wanna talk about it right now.

:disappointed-face:
Oh no cucumber poisoned the water. I don't keep them because of this. Toxic when dying .

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back