The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. I'm putting together, slowly, a 90G tank. Not sure if I'll have a wrasse. What are the advantages of wrasses? Are they considered utilitarian stock? Each fish I put in the tank is gonna have a job.
Halichoeres and leopard wrasse are often used for pest control as they eat small critters.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wrasses job are: looking beautiful. That is a full time job
IMG_6586.jpeg
IMG_1551.jpeg
IMG_4361.png
IMG_8198.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. I'm putting together, slowly, a 90G tank. Not sure if I'll have a wrasse. What are the advantages of wrasses? Are they considered utilitarian stock? Each fish I put in the tank is gonna have a job.
If I’m honest, going for fish because they do a job isn’t a good reason to have fish - Usually you wind up with fish you dislike IME.

PharmrJohn

The Dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I’m honest, going for fish because they do a job isn’t a good reason to have fish - Usually you wind up with fish you dislike IME.
Oh...I like 'em all. I'll splurge on a Maroon Clown, but that's about it. The rest are going to have form and function. It's great. I am going to be able to have my cake and eat it too. My concentration is going to be corals.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh...I like 'em all. I'll splurge on a Maroon Clown, but that's about it. The rest are going to have form and function. It's great. I am going to be able to have my cake and eat it too. My concentration is going to be corals.
Maroons are monsters and will cover your corals in sand.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw two healthy young “P. mccosker” and bought them for 24.00 each. These are obvious Carpenters to me. Hope one is still a female. This is promising since the dorsal have not elongated and she still have white spots on top of her eyes and mouth.
IMG_2587.jpeg
IMG_2579.jpeg

They are so cute. That little male is going to be impressive when he matures!

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Been reefing a long time, and maroon clowns are one of the meanest creatures I’ve ever seen on planet earth lol

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which pest?
Wasps and mosquitoes you’ll want a flasher wrasse. Best at jumping.
For bats you’ll have to upscale to a fairy.
Ants and other bugs you want a pinksteak as they can infiltrate the colony with their bug eyes.
Dragon wrasse for rats and mice. Just make sure to keep it well stocked with rocks to throw.
Possums a possum wrasse. They got that name for a reason.
For children I suggest a razor wrasse. It’s a great method of birth control. No ones making babies after seeing that ugly face.
1715484431392.jpeg

Last edited:

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There a return policy on that handsome dude? Sorry @Crabby48 , I'd probably skip town with that Earl and start my new life (and tank) in another country far far away!
You can run but you can not hide.
I am confident earl will be returned because my handsomeness surpasses any wrasse

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back