Things you wish you could buy online...

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could buy truly quarantined fish. Honestly, I would pay triple the normal price for a healthy fish that is guaranteed to be ich and parasite free.

I also wish I could buy a true highlighter orange colored coral.

What about you?:cool:

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
highlighter orange colored coral?
a lot of the orange plates are like that

OP
OP
anomie

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I've never seen one in person. lol. I've seen orange plates but not that orange...think 1980's and Cindy Lauper orange. :p

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry not my era but still, i have one thats the brightest orange ever
lets say chevron orange?

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do these count?? Both commons.

tons of orange rics and polyps can be orange........as well as the one already listed. it of course takes a good sized colony of the zoas and ricsto make a statement though...

DSC_7101.jpg

bambam.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry off topic, but flyguy are you the same flyguy as on RC?

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you mean flyyyguy i assume??

yes sir....Im fly guy everywhere....except RC......it was taken and I got a little carried away with the "y" button when i registered :)

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to go off subject, but welcome Fly guy!!! Your corals rock, glad to see you on R2R-

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the compliment and welcome keeperz. :)

I registered quite a while back....but havent spent much time here. Nice to see the site growing as well as nice to see a site with a nice feel to it along with quite a bit of experience. I will make sure to frequent here a little more :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Off topic again, but yes Flyyyguy welcome bro. Nice to have more experience here as well with you as a member. Make sure you stick around! :D

ReefArtist

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I have a few! This is a wonderful thread and a great way for others to learn by our misfortunes.

First off I have a 570g system that includes 7 other tanks ( just a little history). So, everyone to my locally thinks I have all this room and therefore can take all their "mistakes". I would like to make this clear - I do not :) and no I don't want that pretty big thing!

#1 Do not trust anyone that says – could you keep them for now and I’ll pick them up when my tank is ready. They will back out in a heartbeat as soon as they find out why you didn’t want it. Then they say “Oh I didn’t say I wanted them – they would have died in ______ (fill in the blank) tanks.

So this is what I was stuck with:
Engineer Goby – which is wonderful and now he has sand to dig and dig he does (I call him Digger). Wonderful goby and I do love him but now my “grasses” tank is Diggers tank.

Harlequin Shrimp - dining only on echinoderms (mainly starfish). Well I didn’t have those little starfish everyone has in their tank so I had to purchase those little guys. Ordered online (thinking they would be larger than the normal everyone has in their tanks) paid almost a buck a piece for these dang little tiny starfish (order 50 – with shipping etc 100+). I couldn’t hardly see half of them and I’m sure my hungry shrimp wouldn’t be happy then them. Had to get more starfish so I talked to a few people and the best thing was to get choc. Chip starfish. Well as said before they eat corals, so they must be in a special tank. I put the starfish in with Digger so that has worked out good, but that was another shipment and $$$ (200+) to get them. I must say it is not easy dropping in a starfish when you know what’s going to happen within 2 minutes (that’s how long it takes the shrimp to come out and flip the starfish and drag it to his den). Yes lesson learned! Oh BTW – I NEVER see the Harlequin as he’s always in his den and he eats the whole starfish – every bit even after it is dead. I’ve heard they only eat live stars – not true at least with mine.

Got a few others but those have been the biggest mistakes – oh also getting some live rock from someone that was breaking down their tank – I now have bubble algae and feather algae in my 280g – so I’m about to remove all the live rock and replace it with my clay rocks – another lesson – don’t trust anyone's live rock as it might look good but a good brushing can do wonders J.

Feather algae and Lettuce algae - if this gets into your tank and if the conditions are right they will over take your tank. It will clog the drains, overflows etc. VERY, VERY back stuff!!! had this happen to my 65g tank which I recieved from my local LFS on a SPS rock. It looked so pretty on the rock :)

OP
OP
anomie

anomie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol, I would like to see a picture too. :) Besides the orange corals...what do you wish you could find online?

Reefartist...you are a strong person. I still feel a bit bad for the live brine I treat my tank to every once in a while. I can't imagine doing starfish. :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 18.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 138 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back