Thinking of upgrading. Opinions and suggestions needed & wanted!

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you have a used one and your budget, they could be expensive.

I thought about upgrading to a 75when I saw a BEAUTIFUL 75 on youtube with similar equipment that I have already..An HOB filter no sump! The way the tank was set up made me think I can do it easy enough with upgrading my filter & light and an extra PH and some more live rock. Thinking about it now, if I go to a 90 I think I may not be able to get away with the above. May need the sump..

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had your 29 up for? And what do you have in it? Any pictures? I'd like to see it as in comparison to mine because I am start to capacity as well...
I saw a 40B in the store and didn't ask the measurements but it looked super long!
I guess I can consider other shapes and sizes..
1 yr in May but did not add Corals til' after Oct. I have Torch, Hammer, Frogspawn, Favias, couple Softies and Montipora Cap. 40b= is 36L 18WX 16H. My choices if I upgrade will be 40b or 50g, 65g maybe but too deep
29g.jpg

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 yr in May but did not add Corals til' after Oct. I have Torch, Hammer, Frogspawn, Favias, couple Softies and Montipora Cap. 40b= is 36L 18WX 16H. My choices if I upgrade will be 40b or 50g, 65g maybe but too deep 29g.jpg .

Looks really nice! How much rock do you have? I have about 27lbs but it seems so over crowded...

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Roughly 32lbs. How about your 29g, pic?

image.jpg

Ok hope this comes out good! I have high phosphates I'm trying to get under Controll so my rocks are a bit green.. I only have about 27lbs of rock and I feel I have too much rock! But when I upgrade I'll have plenty!

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 yr in May but did not add Corals til' after Oct. I have Torch, Hammer, Frogspawn, Favias, couple Softies and Montipora Cap. 40b= is 36L 18WX 16H. My choices if I upgrade will be 40b or 50g, 65g maybe but too deep 29g.jpg .

BTW... Is that coralline on the back glass? I'm only getting brown hard deposits I have to keep scraping off! I need to know when to clean it because I want to grow good stuff on the back. If I keep scraping it nothing will grow bad or good.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Ok hope this comes out good! I have high phosphates I'm trying to get under Controll so my rocks are a bit green.. I only have about 27lbs of rock and I feel I have too much rock! But when I upgrade I'll have plenty!
I like the caves and platforms.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW... Is that coralline on the back glass? I'm only getting brown hard deposits I have to keep scraping off! I need to know when to clean it because I want to grow good stuff on the back. If I keep scraping it nothing will grow bad or good.
Yes, Coraline algae. I don't scrape the back of the tank, front and two sides I do with Flipper nano.

OP
OP
JVH

JVH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, Coraline algae. I don't scrape the back of the tank, front and two sides I do with Flipper nano.

Do you ever get the hard brown deposits? It looks like hard dried brown paint speckles.. Pretty much nothing gets it off besides a razor bade. I would like to not clean the back but I don't want that brown stuff on there..I added some coralline growth additive so maybe that will help

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 25 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 95 66.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back