Third AI Blade Grow, All Defective

kLoRRn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title really says it all, I am on my third AI Blade Grow 12” and all three of them have only cast white light on half the aquarium. I can visualize the so called defect right on the blade itself. The white housing around the diodes cuts off the white light and only casts it onto half the tank. The white light only shines where the corded end is. You can see in the photos when I turned the light, the white light cast changes to the other side. This last light was supposedly testing by a customer service agent at BRS before it left the warehouse but it has the same issue. I was really hoping to keep the stock lid for evaporation purposed and have a nice customizable light but I’m starting to think I’ll have to look elsewhere

Before I go through this all again with a fourth light, is there anyone out there with a AI Blade Grow 12” light that has had success??

IMG_3692.jpeg IMG_3619.jpeg IMG_3618.jpeg

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one like that ,,contacted ecotech and they sent me a new one, stat..They said there have been issues with the older ones...make sure you get the latest..old stock may have the old issue...fwiw.

Superd513

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title really says it all, I am on my third AI Blade Grow 12” and all three of them have only cast white light on half the aquarium. I can visualize the so called defect right on the blade itself. The white housing around the diodes cuts off the white light and only casts it onto half the tank. The white light only shines where the corded end is. You can see in the photos when I turned the light, the white light cast changes to the other side. This last light was supposedly testing by a customer service agent at BRS before it left the warehouse but it has the same issue. I was really hoping to keep the stock lid for evaporation purposed and have a nice customizable light but I’m starting to think I’ll have to look elsewhere

Before I go through this all again with a fourth light, is there anyone out there with a AI Blade Grow 12” light that has had success??

IMG_3692.jpeg IMG_3619.jpeg IMG_3618.jpeg
I had a 12 grow and glow both worked perfectly until my grow touched the water for like 1 second and shorted out. But the ten hours that it did run it worked perfectly. I hope they cover it on warranty other wise I’m screwed. The customer service guy said they would but I’m pessimistic.

MrNice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately got the blade and had the same issues. Contacted AI support and was told that the serial number I provided was a model that needed replacement and to contact D D aquarium solution to resolve. Contacted D D and was told that this is just a quirk of the light and all models do this...

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 66 44.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back