This is the most beautiful anemone that I have ever seen!

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most beautiful anemone I have ever seen. It's a red/purple/fuscia LTA. Some tentacles have fluorescent green striations, all topped off with blue and purple tips! I feel really blessed to care for it and hope to give it a good home for a long time!
It has a tiny tear in its column, so I'm isolating it in a basket for a bit to keep an eye on it. Young orange skunk pair to keep it gently stimulated. I will add it to the display once I'm sure it's 100%. It is sticky, eating, and attaching to the basket, so all good signs for now! I've moved the basket out of the flow for the video. It's placed directly under my return nozzle so it gets good flow 24/7.
Video taken under blues, violets, and UV, early morning lighting, but NO doctoring or saturation of the colors! This is how it looks to the naked eye. Love this hobby!

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous. Corals Anonymous gets in some crazy LTAs if you’re into that.

Thx for sharing!

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliment!
This one was purchased locally, but I do have another from Coralsanonymous.com that I purchased several months ago. It's more red with yellow orange tips.

20230911_192717.jpg

Last edited:

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one was purchased locally, but I do have another from Coralsanonymous.com that I purchased several months ago. It's more red with yellow orange tips.

20230911_192717.jpg
Wow! Stunning!
The tank looks great too.

Not gonna lie, you got me considering LTAs now. The red with yellow tips is amazing.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These reds are driving me nuts! About 6 years ago Jake Adams did a tank tour in Vietnam, and the showpiece of the tank was one of these. I didn't believe it was real, and until this past year have never seen a single red LTA. Then places like CA get dozens in a span of 11 months.
Take good care of this one. LTAs are tied for my favorite alongside Mags, so I've got some serious Nem envy (nemvy) going on right now. Keep us updated!!

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These reds are driving me nuts! About 6 years ago Jake Adams did a tank tour in Vietnam, and the showpiece of the tank was one of these. I didn't believe it was real, and until this past year have never seen a single red LTA. Then places like CA get dozens in a span of 11 months.
Take good care of this one. LTAs are tied for my favorite alongside Mags, so I've got some serious Nem envy (nemvy) going on right now. Keep us updated!!
I agree. This one came from a wholesaler in Dallas.
Speaking of Mags! Here's a recent video. The flow is off as I was about to feed them. When the flow is off, you can really gauge their size better!

I had to move the LTA's out of the Mag garden. The Mags are just getting too big and overshadowing any anemones below.
I'll post a video of the red LTA,pink carpet, and rainbow bta garden soon.

Last edited:

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of Mags! Here's a recent video. The flow is off as I was about to feed them. When the flow is off, you can really gauge their size better!

I had to move the LTA's out of the Mag garden. The Mags are just getting too big and overshadowing any anemones below.

So perfect! My mag is still a little baby, only 6 inches across at peak of day, but he's coloring up and growing new tentacles rapidly so I expect a growth spurt.
If I had the budget for it I would grab a red LTA for the sandbed, my LFS has a misbar tomato clown with a second stripe that would look perfect in one.

OP
OP
Seancj

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added this beauty to the 'red reef lagoon' tank last night. It has dug in and seem to be doing well. Forgive the egg crate eye sore. It's a temporary protection until I'm sure that this LTA won't wander/float into the pink carpet. Video is taken under early morning full spectrum lighting.

Reeftogo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20230911_192717.jpg
Do they survive long term?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stunning!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back