Tony Vargas 300-Gallon Build

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tony, Mark here. Looks like this project is off to a great start. Looking forward to the rest of the build. I think between the two windows would look great. What kind of lighting are you going to go with?

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Tony, Mark here. Looks like this project is off to a great start. Looking forward to the rest of the build. I think between the two windows would look great. What kind of lighting are you going to go with?

My wife thinks the same way, she feels that sandwiched between the two windows give it symmetry. BTW, we never open those curtains.

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wood panels are in and they look great. The door panels are notched as requested and the top cap of the stand has a 1-inch lip added all the way around. Now time for staining and sealing.

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117-1.jpg

OP
OP
Tony Vargas

Tony Vargas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the door panels and stand top are sanded, stained, and polyurethane. To get the color I was looking for the top required three coats of stain. In addition, five costs of polyurethane were applied to every piece of wood.

IMG_9279.jpg

IMG_9287.jpg

IMG_9289.jpg

dmac43

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Tony, We did something similar in positioning for our 90, and then hung the flat screen in the corner... Works very well... Hey will you be coming up to the SCRC show in Melbourne?

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a marineland 300 DD and put it on a platform so it is higher for the same visibility reasons you gave. However, it makes getting down to the bottom of the tank more difficult because of the extra height. I highly recommend replacing the bulkheads before you put water in the tank.....Marineland uses the same bulkheads for all of its tanks and they really are not large enough for the 300....also mine broke within 3 months.....the thinnest walled bulkheads I have ever seen.

nivram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on some "Top Secret" stuff. lol. I want to surprise everyone, it will be shocking!

Why are you being so secretive about VHO's and Power Compacts? :rofl:
You are making me wish I went with a steel stand. Everything looks great. I can't wait to see what livestock gets to reside in this beauty.

Zoomer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many electrical circuits will you be having dedicated to this system? I see you have at least one outlet so far ;) Definitely interested in seeing the equipment list when the time is right.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back