Transitioning male leopard wrasse

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 90 gallon I have three leopard wrasse.

1 juvenile ornate and 2 blue stars. One of the blue stars is turning male and becoming quite aggressive. It is chasing the other two around and I’ve noticed they sleep in longer and the ornate had a wound on its side that I noticed yesterday. Almost looked like uronema but it is healing already so I think it probably got chased into a rock. Will this aggression eventually even itself out with the new male?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my 90 gallon I have three leopard wrasse.

1 juvenile ornate and 2 blue stars. One of the blue stars is turning male and becoming quite aggressive. It is chasing the other two around and I’ve noticed they sleep in longer and the ornate had a wound on its side that I noticed yesterday. Almost looked like uronema but it is healing already so I think it probably got chased into a rock. Will this aggression eventually even itself out with the new male?
It should but do you have a photo of your male leopard?

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7284.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The white area on the ornate is what I was worried about.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size? Also better pictures that are more clear would help if you can remove some blue light. Male leopards can be aggressive towards other leopards. Those pictures I see normal coloring from a transitioning male blue star.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 ft tank. Yeah he just chased the ornate to the point it jumped and hit the mesh lid
Not much room for male leopard with others. Sometimes it works and sometimes it won’t. Blue stars are more chill the ornate but the more chill ones know to be aggressive before they are the hunters. Most likely it won’t end good but sometimes they will work it out and live together

OP
OP
B

Baronen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s only gotten worse the male blue star is a complete a hole to the ornate leopard. Doesn’t even look at any other fish but he seems to scour the rocks all day looking for the ornate. Any chance this aggression settles?

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back