Trident Waste Water

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to determine if I can use the Trident in my current setup. I found out the tubing from the tank is only 6ft long and cannot be extended, but my controller cabinet would need a 10ft rubing run. I have minimal space in my stand. How oftern is everyone running tests and how much waste water do you accumulate in a week?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the default minimum of two alk and two complete tests per day.
My waste container is a 2 liter bottle and I can’t say exactly how long until it’s full but I’d say around once a month or so that I empty it. If willing to empty the waste container weekly you can probably get away with a very small bottle.

OP
OP
S

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the default minimum of two alk and two complete tests per day.
My waste container is a 2 liter bottle and I can’t say exactly how long until it’s full but I’d say around once a month or so that I empty it. If willing to empty the waste container weekly you can probably get away with a very small bottle.
I wonder how easy it would be to connect it to a skimmer waste container or if it would cause problems if any waste somehow made it into the trident.

CrayHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how easy it would be to connect it to a skimmer waste container or if it would cause problems if any waste somehow made it into the trident.
You mean the skimmer cup? I’d be nervous about the skimmer overflowing and putting the chemicals in the tank. I use a pint bottle and empty weekly. Drilled a hole in the cap and run tubing through that.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt it would be hard to get it to drip into your skimmate container. I’d assume getting skimmate backed up into the trident wouldn’t be ideal. In theory unless the waste pinch valve is open then it can’t make it anywhere other than the waste tubing.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to determine if I can use the Trident in my current setup. I found out the tubing from the tank is only 6ft long and cannot be extended, but my controller cabinet would need a 10ft rubing run. I have minimal space in my stand. How oftern is everyone running tests and how much waste water do you accumulate in a week?

Are you talking about the water sample line or the waste line? They are two different things.

You can, in theory, extend the waste water line but avoid back pressure as that will create a problem. This was discussed on the official Neptune community forums. You can head over there and do a search as I don't have it handy. Sorry.

Sample line - no modifications. Waste water line - yes. Use caution and visit Neptune's forum for specifics.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my waste line running into my skimmate container. You can extend the length of the drain if you incorporate an air gap. I only run two tests daily (one combined and a second alk only) and not a lot of fluid. Less than my skimmer produces.

OP
OP
S

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the water sample line or the waste line? They are two different things.

You can, in theory, extend the waste water line but avoid back pressure as that will create a problem. This was discussed on the official Neptune community forums. You can head over there and do a search as I don't have it handy. Sorry.

Sample line - no modifications. Waste water line - yes. Use caution and visit Neptune's forum for specifics.
The waste line for modifications. Not being able to extend the imtake causes a space issue and if I can keep a smaller container for the waste that makes it a bit less of an issue. Thank you for your input.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back