OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart that you have taken them to the microscope. I've never gone that far with anything.
What is the difference with the prorocentrum vs others if you could enlighten me.
If I remember correctly (bad memory) there are 4 main types and two of them respond to UV (and maybe peroxyde) and two others don’t. Prorocentrum is the latter and is harder to get rid of.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly (bad memory) there are 4 main types and two of them respond to UV (and maybe peroxyde) and two others don’t. Prorocentrum is the latter and is harder to get rid of.
Well bummer and I'm sorry for such a long battle that you've had with them.
I'll do a little racking my brain (not much left in there) and give you a hand as best I can. I have a few tricks left and questions to ask you but it's late and I'm sure it's later there for you.
I'll get back to you tomorrow.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a video of the tank (3 months old). I’m not really satisfied with my choice of fish. I think some of them are a little too big. I’m going to leave it at that for now but I might changes later.

I should have turned on the whites more for the video. Oh well.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the tank is first class the whole way! :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Yeah maybe some of the fish are bigger than you would like (I'm a big fish fan myself) but having diversity in size is definitely a benefit in the long run in my opinion.
I had dinos one time in my whole career in my tank now about 6 years ago.
I siphoned out what I could and ran only the skimmer. Dosed nothing, fed normal, took out all filter pads,carbon. Everything.
Just skimmer, powerheads and lights.
I cranked up the powerheads for awesome flow and didn't do a water change for 6 weeks. They never came back.
I was hesitant to clean anything after 6 weeks but I just went slow and added stuff back super slow a thing at a time like once every two weeks.
I'd like to see you post this on my thread and see what everyone thinks.
They've all been through it and they know a lot.

OP
OP
Idech

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to see you post this on my thread and see what everyone thinks.
They've all been through it and they know a lot.
I’m a little shy to do that… :)

I will increase the flow though. It’s on my todo list when I have a little money. Just got a new puppy now.

Awesome! -- but the tank looks almost "small" with those big fish.
*can't empathize with that personally (40 gallon with few small fish)
Yeah, that’s what I find too. First time having such big fish so I didn’t know how it would be. The foxface and the yellow tang are too big, IMO.

Maybe I’ll rehome the foxface to start and see if I like it better. I would be sad to part with the yellow tang.

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little shy to do that… :)

I will increase the flow though. It’s on my todo list when I have a little money. Just got a new puppy now.

Yeah, that’s what I find too. First time having such big fish so I didn’t know how it would be. The foxface and the yellow tang are too big, IMO.

Maybe I’ll rehome the foxface to start and see if I like it better. I would be sad to part with the yellow tang.
No need to be shy Lotta love on that thread. We're all pretty ridiculous :upside-down-face: ;)
Increasing flow will help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back