OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build.. I see that your thinking about upgrading your sump. What are you thinking of going with? I also have the 180.5 and leaning towards a geo build sump. But what Im looking forward to is how your going to change your plumbing... maybe I could pick your brain about that... since we have same tank.
IMG_20200811_101844_276.jpg
I’m sold on the Bashsea 3618 Smart series, main reason is because you can run that sump in like 5 different ways. There is so much room it’s unreal. I am a big fan of a huge fuge area and that thing will hold about 18g in the fuge chamber.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice looking tank! Are you on a slab? Wondering about considerations of floor joist reinforcements. My 100g build isn't much farther along than yours...(im)patiently waiting on the fishless cycle to complete. ;-)

Last edited:

Mike Kearns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you here. What tank do you currently have?
I have a 46 gallon bowfront now, but am currently setting up a Innovative Marine Nuvo EXT 100. In a way you indirectly lead me to this tank. Because of your mode aquarium videos, I discovered their external overflow tanks with no box in the tank. Ended up going with the Innovative Marine one because of the aluminum stand. They also went on sale lol.

JaviNap90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! you are the reason jumped from fresh to salt in the first place. Your JBJ tank was amazing. I am glad you finally got yourself a bigger open canvas to work with. I will be getting the Water Box Peninsula down the line when i finally get a house of my own so i don't have to worry about breaking it down. In the meantime my corals will grow and i'll gather more knowledge from guys like you. Cant wait to see this tank up and running. Good Luck brother!

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 46 gallon bowfront now, but am currently setting up a Innovative Marine Nuvo EXT 100. In a way you indirectly lead me to this tank. Because of your mode aquarium videos, I discovered their external overflow tanks with no box in the tank. Ended up going with the Innovative Marine one because of the aluminum stand. They also went on sale lol.
Nice!! Ya I have seen those tanks and they look nice as well. Good choice for sure.

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man! you are the reason jumped from fresh to salt in the first place. Your JBJ tank was amazing. I am glad you finally got yourself a bigger open canvas to work with. I will be getting the Water Box Peninsula down the line when i finally get a house of my own so i don't have to worry about breaking it down. In the meantime my corals will grow and i'll gather more knowledge from guys like you. Cant wait to see this tank up and running. Good Luck brother!
That JBJ was a nice tank for sure and a lot of people loved that tank, should have kept it lol. The peninsulas are absolutely amazing and a great dream build for sure. Glad to have you on board following the build :)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 160 43.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 126 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 55 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 19 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back