WATERBOX AQUARIUMS REEF PRO 180.5 BUILD THREAD

Algaewarrior

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we had two packages arrive. One is the Current USA Serene background light. So far I love them and I’m so happy I went no background as this will allow me to provide another look of the tank.
7A701FA5-F21E-4357-90A0-765D66D04247.jpeg
4D3A3A9F-38C9-481A-A26E-0856D6A972B1.jpeg
32D6B032-785B-4BAB-BA5C-02090C6ED8BD.jpeg
B7FCE41A-FE8C-484D-8832-702269D23C60.jpeg
FC67970F-277B-46BA-BF88-8B92CBC31307.jpeg
I love that you can change the color! Whatever suits your mood.

Trey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you allow the freight delivery driver to leave before you inspected the tank? The Waterbox Form you have to sign pretty much dictates you inspect the aquarium and all contents before you let the driver leave and sign the freight form... looks like mines coming soon, so I am curious to know!

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you allow the freight delivery driver to leave before you inspected the tank? The Waterbox Form you have to sign pretty much dictates you inspect the aquarium and all contents before you let the driver leave and sign the freight form... looks like mines coming soon, so I am curious to know!

I made them wait for me to inspect my tank

ks2509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it but was there a particular reason you went with a GHL controller over apex or focustronic. I'm planning a build for sometime next year and am deciding between GHL and focustronic.

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya for me he left before I opened it lol. Luckily for me all was good. I’d say for sure inspect before he leaves.

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have missed it but was there a particular reason you went with a GHL controller over apex or focustronic. I'm planning a build for sometime next year and am deciding between GHL and focustronic.
Yes. Simply because reliability and build quality. Being German made they use a lot of aluminum on the cases for the front rollers and dosers, this to me gives it a very professional look. Then the biggest reason Reliability, its very hard to argue the apex vs GHL reliability. I seen a thread on here that actually had a poll and GHL was by far on top.

PaulyD88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you doing a build thread on this. I see you said your going with an ats on this build and a kalk stirrer, that's what's up, I'm going with an ats on my new build and have been tossing around the idea of running kalk too. What brand kalk are you gonna be using?

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to see you doing a build thread on this. I see you said your going with an ats on this build and a kalk stirrer, that's what's up, I'm going with an ats on my new build and have been tossing around the idea of running kalk too. What brand kalk are you gonna be using?
Hello :D for the Stirrer I am doing the avast marine. Will end up running the BRS Kalk for sure .

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 37 34.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back