OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the planning stages for a WB 180 or 220, and leaning hard towards the 220. Any major reason you went with the 180 over the 220? Thanks for this thread, I'll be paying close attention.
just felt the 220 would look to big in my living room. But honestly would have been fine.

PaulyD88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :D for the Stirrer I am doing the avast marine. Will end up running the BRS Kalk for sure .
Oh ok nice yeah sucks brs only has the 4 pound bags of kalk in stock right now lol that would last a long butt time ha ha ha you think the brs kalk is better than brightwell?
How are you gonna power the scrubber? Manifold or its own pump?

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to say that WaterBox goes above and beyond for the plumbing in this tank. I was happy to see a high quality Gate valve, smooth operating manifolds, multiple unions making the install san future maintenance really easy and lastly the use of a high quality and removable check valve.

Yup that's all of it

0D47FB21-A11E-4954-A2C3-523C5CE50380.jpeg

IMG_0236.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

The glass overflow with the glass cover really sets this tank apart :)

IMG_0233.jpeg

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok nice yeah sucks brs only has the 4 pound bags of kalk in stock right now lol that would last a long butt time ha ha ha you think the brs kalk is better than brightwell?
How are you gonna power the scrubber? Manifold or its own pump?
I’m sure the brightwell stuff is also good and yes for the ats a manifold would be sufficient. I recently switched to a PAX. But similar concept.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello :D for the Stirrer I am doing the avast marine. Will end up running the BRS Kalk for sure .
It would be awesome if you did a video on setting up and plumbing the avast marine kalk stirrer! I have one that I'm going to be setting up and it would be great to see someone with experience going through the whole setup procedure!!!

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be awesome if you did a video on setting up and plumbing the avast marine kalk stirrer! I have one that I'm going to be setting up and it would be great to see someone with experience going through the whole setup procedure!!!
Absolutely will have a video for sure.

OP
OP
eatsleepreef

eatsleepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So something I had never had space for was a QT tank. Now that I plan on keeping nicer fish and have the space I figured it was the best time to get one setup. I do plan to treat all fish with coper power for one month while also using General Cure. I am debating still on using prazi pro and if I should just use that vs GC.

So far I was able to get stand fully complete and use the pocket hole jig to make this part really easy.
IMG_0643.jpeg

Really happy with how this came out.

IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

The final touch was to add some paint so It matches with my garage and also make sure it is nice and leveled. I have to say this whole project was very easy
IMG_0648.jpeg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back