Waterbox INFINIA Reef 190.5

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After successfully keeping a 24 gallon nano reef for ten years, I finally invested in a much larger reef aquarium. The aquarium arrived in April and I’m still getting everything together. I’m hoping to have this up and running in July.

Equipment that I’ve purchased so far…

3 - Ecotech Radion XR15 Blue lights
2 - Ecotech Vortech MP40
1 - Ecotech Vectra M2 return pump
1 - Nyos Quatum 220 Protein Skimmer
Caribsea Life Rock for the Aquascape

Equipment to come…
Reefmat 1200 filter roller
JBJ Atrctica Chiller
Heater
Caribsea Special Grade Sand
Neptune Systems Apex (I have no experience with using a controller, so I need to figure this out)

IMG_6142.jpeg IMG_6739.jpeg IMG_6743.jpeg IMG_6767.jpeg IMG_6766.jpeg

JamesTh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sure you’ll be pleased with your new waterbox tank! :) remember size does matter; especially to the goby that’s just got a new larger swimming pool! :) happy reefing!

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's see the FTS and sump update!
I’m getting much closer. Sand is arriving tomorrow. Apex arrived last week. Filter roller and chiller arrive next week. I’ll update the thread soon. Looking back on it now, the aquarium seems rather cheap in comparison to all the equipment that you have to buy!

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Mat plumbed. Protein skimmer installed. Radions mounted. MP 40s installed. Just waiting on my ATO this week and ready to fill.

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Mar 1200 fit with no problem? Was thinking only the 500 would have enough room? Any chance u can take a sump shot from a distance and right side?
The Reefmat 1200 fits like a glove.

Attachments

• IMG_7357.jpeg
    IMG_7357.jpeg
    194.1 KB · Views: 481

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefmat 1200 fits like a glove.
How did u plumb in the roller matt? We have the same one and this is how mine is plumbed. With the adapters i got with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2885.jpeg
    IMG_2885.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 433

bobbykoz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful set up. I hope nothing but the best of luck and hope to see the progress further. I’m currently waiting on my stand for a 180 from planet aquarium and am going just as nuts as you are with this new set up.

bobbykoz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One little piece of advice though running a 125 for a while now is dual return pumps. I have always ran a l2 on my set up with high flow and return and this time around am doing 2 L2s with 4 loc line returns and each side will have a dedicated return pump with battery back ups. Just a thought but regardless love the set up

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They include 2 adapters with the roller matt 1200. U couldve used the other adapter.
I did. I used PVC cement to glue a small 1” pipe to the adapter, then connected it to the drain pipe from the overflow using a compression coupling.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I used PVC cement to glue a small 1” pipe to the adapter, then connected it to the drain pipe from the overflow using a compression coupling.
I was wondering why you used compression coupling? U got me curious if i missed something in my setup?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preference. I wanted to keep using the disconnect coupling for ease of removal.

IMG_7371.jpeg
Btw for the roller matt. I dont know if you know. But it does seem they have a specific water like under the inlet. I dont know how im going to rise mine. Because it seems our going to be deep when we will

Maximus93101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I am trying to deide on getting either this tank or a Red Sea 6256 G2+ XXL. Question: Did you purchase the CaribSea Life rock bundle from Waterbox? I was considering getting that option from them but have no idea how much rock actually comes in the bundle. For the record, taht looks like a good amount, so if that is indeed the bundle, then I would most likely be very happy with receiving that quantity of rock.

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following as I am trying to deide on getting either this tank or a Red Sea 6256 G2+ XXL. Question: Did you purchase the CaribSea Life rock bundle from Waterbox? I was considering getting that option from them but have no idea how much rock actually comes in the bundle. For the record, taht looks like a good amount, so if that is indeed the bundle, then I would most likely be very happy with receiving that quantity of rock.
I didn’t buy the bundle. I bought arch kits, shapes, and base (flat bottom) rocks. I then glued and epoxied the scape together. One thing I didn’t think of was how heavy the pieces would be once they were bonded together. The piece on the left was hard for me to muscle and put it the aquarium. Hopefully, you’ll have help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back