Waterbox INFINIA Reef 190.5

Maximus93101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t buy the bundle. I bought arch kits, shapes, and base (flat bottom) rocks. I then glued and epoxied the scape together. One thing I didn’t think of was how heavy the pieces would be once they were bonded together. The piece on the left was hard for me to muscle and put it the aquarium. Hopefully, you’ll have help.
Would you mind messenging me on what you bought as far as the rocks are concerned? (You can message me privately if you wish) I am interested in knowing what kits you purchased as you seemed to hit the "Goldilocks Zone". Not too much, Not too little. I am looking to get the same amout of rock myself. Was wondering how many pounds you have there (approximately)

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind messenging me on what you bought as far as the rocks are concerned? (You can message me privately if you wish) I am interested in knowing what kits you purchased as you seemed to hit the "Goldilocks Zone". Not too much, Not too little. I am looking to get the same amout of rock myself. Was wondering how many pounds you have there (approximately)
Sure, happy to help:
1- Caribsea LifeRock Shelf Rock 40 lb. box
2- Caribsea LifeRock Shapes (Arches and Tunnels) 20 lb box
1- CaribSea LifeRock Large Arch 18" 22 lbs
1 - Caribsea LifeRock Plateau 18"

Happy reefing!

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your build? Do you think an m2 is enough for that system? As everybody recommending me the l2 for that same tank what do u think?

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your build? Do you think an m2 is enough for that system? As everybody recommending me the l2 for that same tank what do u think?
I’m finally at the cycling stage of the build. As for the M2, I actually had to tone it down a bit to 85%. This and the 2 MP40’s is providing enough flow.

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m finally at the cycling stage of the build. As for the M2, I actually had to tone it down a bit to 85%. This and the 2 MP40’s is providing enough flow.
Im running my m2 at 50% and i feel thats a lot of flow i dont know why people got me anxiois on the l2 upgrade. I cant for the life of me sir get my
Overflowbox to quiet down. I tried different positions for my mp40s the moment they ramp up, they splash fast into the overflow box and its annoying. I tried everything.

Attachments

• IMG_4047.mov
    42.1 MB
OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running my m2 at 50% and i feel thats a lot of flow i dont know why people got me anxiois on the l2 upgrade. I cant for the life of me sir get my
Overflowbox to quiet down. I tried different positions for my mp40s the moment they ramp up, they splash fast into the overflow box and its annoying. I tried everything.
I had the same issue. I kept adjusting the valve with small turns until I got it to a level that seemed the most quiet. Although not perfectly silent, it’s to a level that’s tolerable.

Attachments

• IMG_7503.mov
    13.2 MB

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. I kept adjusting the valve with small turns until I got it to a level that seemed the most quiet. Although not perfectly silent, it’s to a level that’s tolerable.
And i had an issue with the baffle over here spilling water like a waterfall

Attachments

• IMG_4036.mov
    8.2 MB

David3147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Just looking at the design for the WB overflow here. Though, they are trying to make it quality by using glass cover, etc, it likely is transmitting noise easily. Definitely adjust the flow so the water level is just below the emergency; yet, not so high that waves create a push into the emergency drain. This part you prob already know.

The open area on the lid of the overflow box also allows noise to transmit. Maybe add a pad of neoprene foam such as this:

Foam Sheets Self Adhesive, Closed Cell Foam Pad Neoprene Rubber Sheets Anti Vibration Insulation Foam Rubber Pads (6" x 6" x 3/4", 4)​

I imagine it would dampen some of the sound.

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind doing me a favor and take a pic of the overflow box straight at the top. Turned out mine is defective and not centered. Look how its peeking to the left making it too close to the overflow box. Lol. I gotta do something about it tomorrow. Can i see yours to confirm if u dont mind

Attachments

• IMG_4160.jpeg
    IMG_4160.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 110
OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind doing me a favor and take a pic of the overflow box straight at the top. Turned out mine is defective and not centered. Look how its peeking to the left making it too close to the overflow box. Lol. I gotta do something about it tomorrow. Can i see yours to confirm if u dont mind
My overflow pipe is also to the left.

endlessrealm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My overflow pipe is also to the left.
Is that a defect ? That have to be a defect theres no way that its not a defect. I could never have that tank quiet. I contacted waterbox and they are sending me spare parts to work with. The pipes have no business being that close to the weir. Im going to cut the emergency pipe, and add 2 45s to fix it, and have it more to the back for a 4K tank this is unacceptable. I had waterbox tanks before, and i was able to adjust them on the fly with the gate valve. Its not hard. But also i didnt have that the emergency pipe that close to the weir. Other pipes dont matter but that emergency pipe always submerged.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Progress update. Tank finished cycling at the end of August. I’ve been slowly moving corals from the old tank and adding some new pieces.

IMG_7865.jpeg
Beautiful tank, and nice update. As a newbie i have a question. Wouldnt new tank swings affect your coral?

OP
OP
jshep13

jshep13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank, and nice update. As a newbie i have a question. Wouldnt new tank swings affect your coral?
Thank you. I’ve been keeping the parameters very stable. Also, I don’t have a huge bio load with 5 fish, some corals, and a small clean up crew. I’ll continue to add more as time progresses. So far, this aquarium is so much easier to maintain than my old 24 gallon tank.

truly0fficial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the light coverage with the xr15s? I'm looking to upgrade into a 190.5 and am trying to figure out what lights im gonna use.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back