OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 7/20/23

Adding more rock to the tank while it’s still empty. I think this will make a nice centerpiece.

IMG_1477.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 8/12/23

Now that all the fish are back in the tank and the lights are on their full schedule, the uglies are coming out. Time for some UV! Aqua UV 57W classic sterilizer to the rescue.
IMG_1737.jpeg

Still need to actually mount the UV (I’m thinking on the inside of the door), but at least it’s running now. I think having the manifold come off the return line is genius! I even have an extra line I can hook up for a reactor, all without needing additional pumps.

Attachments

• IMG_1773.mov
    30.7 MB
OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 8/17/23

Ditching the dreaded filter socks, back to using a roller mat. As this is a brand new $10,000 tank, I really did not want to make permanent modifications in order to install the red sea reef mat I was previously using, so I found this instead.

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

So far working well, it’s pretty quiet and is already working. Might get another one to fill the other filter sock depending on how clean this one gets the tank.

rvcoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 8/17/23

Ditching the dreaded filter socks, back to using a roller mat. As this is a brand new $10,000 tank, I really did not want to make permanent modifications in order to install the red sea reef mat I was previously using, so I found this instead.

IMG_1823.jpeg

IMG_1828.jpeg

So far working well, it’s pretty quiet and is already working. Might get another one to fill the other filter sock depending on how clean this one gets the tank.
The Red Sea Reefmat 1200 won’t fit?

rvcoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would go where the filter socks go, and I’m don’t want to make permanent changes.
I thought it was easily removable?

I have the same tank coming next week….are you running dual main pumps? And what size did you go with?

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it was easily removable?

I have the same tank coming next week….are you running dual main pumps? And what size did you go with?
As far as I’m aware, the only way to remove the filter sock holder section would be to cut it out. Also, for a ReefMat, you have to hook the intake tube directly to the downflow pipe, it’s not meant to passively get water run through it.

And I don’t know what you mean by dual main pumps. Return pumps? I just have 1, Vectra L2.

rvcoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I’m aware, the only way to remove the filter sock holder section would be to cut it out. Also, for a ReefMat, you have to hook the intake tube directly to the downflow pipe, it’s not meant to passively get water run through it.

And I don’t know what you mean by dual main pumps. Return pumps? I just have 1, Vectra L2.

Yes, meant return pumps. Thought there was an option to hook up two

fishkeeperscotland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an amazing set up! Are you planning a chaeto refugium or just the reactor? Is there plenty of space in the sump for this? From the diagrams the space next the filter sock compartment looks quite small.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an amazing set up! Are you planning a chaeto refugium or just the reactor? Is there plenty of space in the sump for this? From the diagrams the space next the filter sock compartment looks quite small.
Thank you!! I currently am (or at least attempting) a chaeto refugium. I’m not running a reactor right now. The size of the refugium is determined by how large you want your skimmer section to be. I chose max skimmer space and minimum fuge. Could have done a larger fuge with smaller skimmer.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Klir roller?
So far it works well. I’m unable to tell, however, when the roll needs to be replaced, because unlike RedSea that would alert you with the app, this one is a standalone unit. I keep manually advancing it every now and then and more roll appears, so I guess for now I’m still good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back