OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 9/15/23

First new addition to the tank besides the OG fish prior to transfer. Look how pretty he is!
IMG_2140.jpeg

IMG_2137.jpeg

Has been in QT for a few weeks now and tonight he gets to make new friends, lol.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 10/7/23

Finally found a way to attach a doser and caddy to the inside of the stand (after multiple failed attempts). Took long enough but now I can finally do my daily NOPOX dosing as well as some Microbacter 7. With as big of a tank as this, the dosing becomes a lot, so this doser will definitely save time.

IMG_2395.jpeg

Also got a dang light for under the sump! The stress of trying to work under there without being able to see is unreal.

IMG_2377.jpeg

fishkeeperscotland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the build going? I‘ve ordered the 340.7 so quite excited! Just planning my sump configuration.
With your UV coming off the manifold, I wondered if you can measure the flow to match the steriliser spec? and is there any option other than putting the output back into the sump before the uv intake?
Also is there room for fitting 2 return pumps in series in the sump? Have you thought about doing that?
cheers

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the build going? I‘ve ordered the 340.7 so quite excited! Just planning my sump configuration.
With your UV coming off the manifold, I wondered if you can measure the flow to match the steriliser spec? and is there any option other than putting the output back into the sump before the uv intake?
Also is there room for fitting 2 return pumps in series in the sump? Have you thought about doing that?
cheers
Tank-wise I’m happy with the setup, thanks! You could probably add a Neptune flow meter if you want to be precise. Since the flow is coming off the manifold, I don’t know if that’s enough flow to go through your sterilizer and then go all the way back up to the DT. And I see no reason to run to return pumps since they only have 1 return line. You have enough room to fit more than one pump, however

fishkeeperscotland

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information. I thought 2 pumps would be a good idea in case 1 fails.
I had thought about feeding the manifold outputs back into the tank return line pipe by modifying the plumbing, it looks like the manifold section of plumbing could come off and a t piece be inserted distally, do you think that would work? Maybe not enough space?
How are the G6 blue?
cheers

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the information. I thought 2 pumps would be a good idea in case 1 fails.
I had thought about feeding the manifold outputs back into the tank return line pipe by modifying the plumbing, it looks like the manifold section of plumbing could come off and a t piece be inserted distally, do you think that would work? Maybe not enough space?
How are the G6 blue?
cheers
I would OWN 2 pumps, not run 2.

Tbh I’m not good with plumbing so wrong person to ask, lol. But I believe the manifold is removable.

G6? I don’t have Radions, I have 3 Sky’s, lol.

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 11/12/23

Scrapped the refugium idea since all I was growing was GHA on the walls as well as on the macroalgae itself. However, I’m a firm believer that natural nutrient uptake can have a significant benefit vs chemicals or water changes. Instead, decided to go with an algae turf scrubber. I wanted one that was drop in style, plug, and play. I don’t have the space or technical knowledge to do plumbing or using external pipes and pumps, so it was important to find one appropriately sized and also have minimal set up. Found this Ice Cap one and so far pretty happy with it.
IMG_2475.jpeg
IMG_2476.jpeg

Here’s how it looks in the sump. It fits perfectly in the refugium section (once you struggle a little bit to actually get the entire unit in the sump)
image.jpg

What I love about this the most is the fact it has its own pump to feed the unit, and the pump is directly plumbed in, no need to do it yourself. Just screw some PVC together and it’s as plug and play as you can imagine. LED lights on the insides and mesh screen with water springing on it. I’ve had this running a few weeks now and just last week harvested for the first time. The whole mesh was covered in algae. I definitely think this is going to be beneficial in the long term. I sure hope so for the cost

metzer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.

Does the waterbox have armored seams in the corners and bottom or is it just silicon? I couldn't tell by the pictures if it has armored seams or if it was just a healthy amount of silicon.

Has the condensation the euro brace became a hassle or is a minor inconvenience with the salt creep build up?

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along.

Does the waterbox have armored seams in the corners and bottom or is it just silicon? I couldn't tell by the pictures if it has armored seams or if it was just a healthy amount of silicon.

Has the condensation the euro brace became a hassle or is a minor inconvenience with the salt creep build up?
I honestly can’t answer about the seams because I don’t know. What I can tell you about the salt creep on the euro brace is that the braces are constantly wet on top.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see what you did with the control box? I’m putting mine in a wall niche and will only have 1.5” on either end so I won’t be able to access the boxes from the outside. I was thinking of maybe putting them on hinges to access from inside.

Attachments

• IMG_4417.jpeg
    IMG_4417.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 20

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people mounting lights on the back. Is the euro bracing below the top of the side panels creating a lip so some lights can be mounted? I like my photons but now sure if I can mount them or if I would have to hang them. I just ordered the 330.7 and trying to make some preparations. TIA PXL_20240127_192424658.jpg

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I’ve made updates here and lots of changes have happened. So, without future ado…

Update 2/22/24

Ended up completely rearranging the sump and getting rid of the drop-in filter roller because it was a pain in the butt to change on that model. Went back to what I used before which was the Red Sea 1200. That, however, took up a large amount of space, and had to be placed in a different location in the sump than I would have preferred.
IMG_3940.jpeg

That also means the turf scrubber had to be removed and changed its location as well.
IMG_3941.jpeg

I also changed out the auto top off to the Neptune ATK. Keeps the water level more consistent and I like that it has a physical float switch as well as an optical sensor.

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update 2/25/24:

After having a little (60g) leak from the pipes onto my carpet the other day I decided to invest in something I should have day 1, which is the Neptune LD-3 Optical multi-surface leak sensor.
IMG_3988.jpeg

Determined to prevent future catastrophic leaks, I installed 2 of these bad boys in leak-risk areas. Programmed Apex to shut down return pump, skimmer, and ATO if it detects a leak. Tested it and so far it works great.
IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

2nd pic is under the manifold behind the ATO.

If you’ve been on the fence about getting something similar to these, this is the sign you’ve been waiting for. Don’t wait until you need them to get them.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since I’ve made updates here and lots of changes have happened. So, without future ado…

Update 2/22/24

Ended up completely rearranging the sump and getting rid of the drop-in filter roller because it was a pain in the butt to change on that model. Went back to what I used before which was the Red Sea 1200. That, however, took up a large amount of space, and had to be placed in a different location in the sump than I would have preferred.
IMG_3940.jpeg

That also means the turf scrubber had to be removed and changed its location as well.
IMG_3941.jpeg

I also changed out the auto top off to the Neptune ATK. Keeps the water level more consistent and I like that it has a physical float switch as well as an optical sensor.

IMG_3642.jpeg

IMG_3944.jpeg
The sump rearrange looks good!

OP
OP
P

Pufferlover95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump rearrange looks good!
You think so? I really don’t feels messy. I really wanted to have the ReefMat in chamber 1, but it wouldn’t fit. The convenience of not having to rearrange it when changing the roll is why I left it there vs trying to wedge it in the first section.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back