Welcome to our newest sponsor Hanna Instruments!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to our newest sponsor Hanna Instruments!

Thank you for your support of our community here at REEF2REEF! We are a community of dedicated saltwater reef aquarium hobbyists and we're happy that you have chosen to join us here.

Members please visit their website by clicking the following banner and as always please shop REEF2REEF sponsors first!

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support everyone! We are happy to be part of the Reef2Reef community and value our customers!

Be sure to follow us on instagram at Hanna_aqua
https://www.instagram.com/hanna_aqua/

Visit our aquarium product page where you can get a wide range of instruments to confidently test your water! You can also find a conversion table for phosphorus ppb to phosphate ppm and saltwater aquarium water parameters guideline table free!
http://pages.hannainst.com/aquarium-testing#charts

Also visit our blog where you can find content about aquarium water chemistry!
http://blog.hannainst.com/topic/aquariums

Let us know if you have any questions or need anything and we would be happy to help!

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Love your testers!

welcom.jpg

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already own two checkers :) where is the nitrate? Hehehe

Thanks for being a valued Hanna customer!

A nitrate Checker was worked on in the past by our research and development department but due to repeatability and accuracy concerns we were not confident to release it to market. There are many interference when preforming colorimetric analysis of nitrate in seawater. We will continue to look into this project and the best way to stay updated is to sign up to our blog where we will keep you updated on all new projects!

Thanks!

burtbollinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Always wanted an 'official' answer on this:

I know BRS has done a compare of the phosphorus vs phosphate checker...for just getting a ballpark on "are my phosphates high or not?", I should be good with the phosphate checker, right? I use it, always get 0.00, which I take to mean, I'm probably ok and no reason to run and grab the GFO.

My most advanced corals are montis.

LOVE my alk checker, use it daily.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the support everyone! We are happy to be part of the Reef2Reef community and value our customers!

Be sure to follow us on instagram at Hanna_aqua
https://www.instagram.com/hanna_aqua/

Visit our aquarium product page where you can get a wide range of instruments to confidently test your water! You can also find a conversion table for phosphorus ppb to phosphate ppm and saltwater aquarium water parameters guideline table free!
http://pages.hannainst.com/aquarium-testing#charts

Also visit our blog where you can find content about aquarium water chemistry!

Let us know if you have any questions or need anything and we would be happy to help!
Wonderful! So glad you guys are aboard! Thank you for the amazing products you provide to our wonderful community!

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Always wanted an 'official' answer on this:

I know BRS has done a compare of the phosphorus vs phosphate checker...for just getting a ballpark on "are my phosphates high or not?", I should be good with the phosphate checker, right? I use it, always get 0.00, which I take to mean, I'm probably ok and no reason to run and grab the GFO.

My most advanced corals are montis.

LOVE my alk checker, use it daily.

The HI713 Low Range Phosphate Checker has an accuracy rating of ±0.04 ppm ±4% of reading and a range of 0-2.50 ppm. This means that is you are reading 0.00ppm phosphates then your levels could actually be 0.04ppm, which is perfectly fine for SPS corals. The HI736 ULR Phosphorus Checker measures in parts per billion and has a range of 0-200ppb Phosphorus, which translates to 0.003-0.613ppm phosphate. So if you want higher accuracy at lower ranges then go with the HI736 but the HI713 will work for measuring low phosphates as well. If you are trying to keep your levels below 0.05ppm then you are ok with not using GFO, but if you notice increases just remember the accuracy rating of the HI713 Low Range Phosphate Checker.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for becoming a sponsor to the r2r community!

Just out of curiosity. I was browsing through the Hanna webpage and noticed how many checkers there are. Is there a difference between the glass test tubes for each checker? From what I noticed they all use the light method to test the water. What is the difference for each checker?

Hanna Instruments

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for becoming a sponsor to the r2r community!

Just out of curiosity. I was browsing through the Hanna webpage and noticed how many checkers there are. Is there a difference between the glass test tubes for each checker? From what I noticed they all use the light method to test the water. What is the difference for each checker?

All the Checkers are handheld colorimeters which use light to measure absorbance of a certain ion concentration. They all are single parameter measurements. The Checkers, except our maple syrup Checker, all use the same cuvettes. The difference between them is what chemical parameter they are measuring, the range, the light wave length, Chemical method of analysis and color of the Checker. So for example, our HI736 Ultra Low Range Phosphorus Checker uses adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Ascorbic-Acid method LED @ 525 nm wavelenth, while the HI758 Calcium Checker uses an adaptation of the Zincon method @ 610 LED nm wavelength.

Its important to note that not all Checkers will work in seawater, because the range is not correct for testing parameters and there is interference preventing proper analysis.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the Checkers are handheld colorimeters which use light to measure absorbance of a certain ion concentration. They all are single parameter measurements. The Checkers, except our maple syrup Checker, all use the same cuvettes. The difference between them is what chemical parameter they are measuring, the range, the light wave length, Chemical method of analysis and color of the Checker. So for example, our HI736 Ultra Low Range Phosphorus Checker uses adaptation of the Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Ascorbic-Acid method LED @ 525 nm wavelenth, while the HI758 Calcium Checker uses an adaptation of the Zincon method @ 610 LED nm wavelength.

Its important to note that not all Checkers will work in seawater, because the range is not correct for testing parameters and there is interference preventing proper analysis.
I understand all this but let's say swap out one of my alkalinity dkh cuvettes for a maple sugar one Cuvettes. Would that make the test in accurate because of use a different cuvette vs the one that comes with it? So essentially the only thing that would be different Would be the cuvettes.
Thank you for the help

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Isn't it nice having Hanna here to answer questions? :D HA!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 93 45.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.8%
Back