Well I kept saying I'd get one if I had the chance...

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did. :D Man I always look at these things and say people are crazy. I'm done now. No more coral. ever.

looney tunes stylo.jpg

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldnt do it. Its just too much. I hope it grows the size of a dinner plate for you tho...
They all say it grows slow but I have a red stylo, burnin bananas, and sunset and they all grow pretty fast in my opinion. I got those all only a few months ago and made 3 or 4 frags of each plus enough to put some in my main tank.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did. :D Man I always look at these things and say people are crazy. I'm done now. No more coral. ever.

looney tunes stylo.jpg

The Stylos are quickly becoming favorites for me and the Looney Tunes is simply awesome! I was able to pick up a sunset stylo at FFM from Jason Fox and I've already have seen some nice growth. Hats off to you for taking that plunge. So worth it, IMO.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!! Want one but can't come up with a good enough excuse to tell my wife. Actually I have a few but I know I have a tell that my wife picks up on. Awkward it only happens when coral is involved. Oh well Gratz on the piece.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stylo huh? I always thought it was a cyphastrea..either way very nice collectible

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Stylos are quickly becoming favorites for me and the Looney Tunes is simply awesome! I was able to pick up a sunset stylo at FFM from Jason Fox and I've already have seen some nice growth. Hats off to you for taking that plunge. So worth it, IMO.
When my burnin bananas is ready to frag again I'll hook you up nice ;)

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stylo huh? I always thought it was a cyphastrea..either way very nice collectible
Sometimes in pics they look similar, but in person or side by side there is a big difference. The polyps are tiny and many more on the stylo. They are like 10 times the size on cyphastrea and spaced out much more. The stylos also get crazy colors popping when they are happy where most cyphastrea is somewhat muted aside from the alien one and meteor shower.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my girlfriend would Murder me before I got to see it grow! Haha. I will say that's the biggest and nicest frag I've seen sold. Congrats and best of luck with it.
That's why I take care of all our finances. The only downfall is the bankruptcy will be my fault and tough to explain. Lol

rickzter01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, what are these reef farmers feeding these things. Five years ago u couldn't even imagine a coral with this brilliant color scheme.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.7%

Back