OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one is giving you a beat down. You asked why your fish look stressed, well the reason is 2 of them are in water of higher salinity than they should be and the other one is a prey item to the first two. Fish stores are notorious for lacking any and all ethics, no one is faulting you for being lied to.
Ok thank you. I read the thing incorrect. My salinity is at 1.022

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's better just a little low. Get the LFS to test everything for you. See if they have a few well established large rocks, wet in a tank that have been in there awhile which will help your biome. Don't add any fish till the tank is set up properly.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am i the only one that notices what looks like 2 catfishes? in the background?

catfish.JPG

if those are catfish... im wondering how you got them to acclimate to salt water, or if your tank is even salt water and the clown is stressed because of hyposalinity.

Also that clown is stressed because it knows its going to be a meal soon to those catfish, as those catfish are probably scoping out that clown to try to eat it.

Those are catfishes...

Your clown is stressed because of hyposalinity, and also because those catfishes WILL EAT that clown.
So the clown is trying to run and hide, and those catfishes are trying to jump and eat that clown.

You mixed 2 completely different species, unless they are salt water catfishes, which i have never seen.

What are those 2 fishes in the background.
Your LFS really botched this if they sold you all 3 of those fishes.
Thank you for clearing this up. I could not fathom real cat fish in saltwater tank. I was hoping it was some look alike species I hadn’t heard of!

OP after 30 years in this hobby this is a first for me. Listen to the advice on this page. It is sound and without judgment.

Maybe try a new fish store, but always check fish comparability online before making an addition. These living expensive creatures require great care.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for clearing this up. I could not fathom real cat fish in saltwater tank. I was hoping it was some look alike species I hadn’t heard of!

OP after 30 years in this hobby this is a first for me. Listen to the advice on this page. It is sound and without judgment.

Maybe try a new fish store, but always check fish comparability online before making an addition. These living expensive creatures require great care.

Best of luck.
Thank you. Yes I will maybe check out a new fish store and researching before adding :) every day is a new lesson

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on the situation? Curious how it ended up working out.
Hey! Yes I ended up getting a wavemaker to put in the tank…when I get home later I will upload a picture. The fish are still in the corner though. Idk if I placed it right but I think so

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back